1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help figuring out how to build my sub box! (yes i've searched)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by spitfire501, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    spitfire501

spitfire501 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Napa, CA
    Ok before you all jump on me for not searching this, i have been researching this for a couple weeks now. I cannot find the answers to all of my questions and i am still confused.
    So i have an 09 double cab and i want to take out the plastic behind the back seat to build a sub box which will hold 2 JL Audio 10W0v3-4's. I have measured multiple times and am still not sure if i will need to make 2 boxes, one on each side, or if i can make one large box. i want sealed boxes, not ported. I have read that i should use 3/4" or 1" MFD board but i am not sure which one is better. Also i have been using http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm to help me figure out my volume. i know that i need .65 for each sub so how much bigger should i make the box to overcome for the space which will be taken up by the sub once i put it in? Also does anyone have some dimensions which i could use to build a good box?

2. Jan 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    I always like the one sealed enclosure with 2 10" drivers but you use seperate enclosures just fine.

You need to subtract 0.034 cu ft per driver when figuring out enclosure volume...that will be your displacement for the subs.

3. Jan 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    i have used this box in my 2006 dbl cab and i now have it in my 12 dbl cab.. never let me down.. this site has the dimensions listed.. the only thing you will need to do when you build it is make sure you make the spot in the back to fit around the brace on the back wall and at the very bottom there is one notch on the driver side where the seats split..i know it is a little more air volume then you are looking for but you can adjust that.. hope this helps
    http://www.audioenhancers.com/vehiclespecific/tac165.php

Products Discussed in

To Top