Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Need help finding factory wire harness

Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Colby
thewhiteknight's Tacoma Gallery
Need help finding factory wire harness

I have searched and searched but can't find this particular wiring harness.

What I am looking for is the harness that is indicated by the red. It plugs into the radio and runs down behind the A/C controls then back up and plugs into another harness (indicated by the green arrow) behind the green circle.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

I called a dealership but they didn't know what I was talking about and I don't want to drive 100+ miles to the nearest dealer to take the truck in.

The reason I need another is on my wiring harness for a new radio is I left a wire naked and it eventually found a ground and stripped the insulation off the "illumination" wire, the wire that controls the backlighting of the factory radio.

Everything works fine as it is, but 1) i don't like it being back there and 2) if I ever want to put stock radio back in I'll need that wire for the lights in the radio. Thanks for any help
Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Can you repair the wire?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would just replace the wire or wrap it in electrical tape but when it burnt the insulation off it also burnt some off others wires as well since they're all wrapped/twisted into the same bundle. It would probably be ok to just replace that one wore but I'd rather be on the safe side and replace the whole harness if at all possible. If I can't find a harness ill just wrap the wire with tape or try to make a new harness. But still if anyone knows where to get a full replacement or any other ideas would be a ton of help. Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer sales the WHOLE hardness...so everything you see back there is what they sell which costs like $2-3k

If you have to repair a wire you're going to have to do it individually as long as the plug is good...Id not you can buy the plug without pins or wires from Toyota...

I'm not sure what plug/harness that is becuz it runs to the back of the console and not sure from just a pic...ill ask my bud
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
^^^this or crimp them with some butt connectors...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #8

earlier today, i pulled everything out. looked at it. and decided it would be okay. it's just that one wire and its already cut so it won't do any further damage. i was planning to just heat shrink where the other insulation is off the other wires but the harness is so tangled and twined together you would nearly have to take the entire electrical harness out (and this is probably why toyota sells it as one entire harness). after looking today it isn't as bad as i thought and i can live with it. while taking out my dash panel i noticed a few plugs that don't have switches connected. perhaps anyone know what these are to?

the two that are unused are circled in the white.
i know that the blue plug is my fogs, the red is the bed outlet, and the green is the dimmer dial.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Search on here..you may find a wrecked truck that someone is parting out.