Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Iphone Dock to 3.5mm AND USB

Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Iphone Dock to 3.5mm AND USB

I'm looking for a cable that connects to an iPhone/iPod (the 'old' ones, w/ the 30-pin connectors) and has a USB port AND a 3.5mm AUX port on the other side. I've found several items like the picture on Amazon, but they're all $10 or less and all of them have reviews that basically say, "It worked great for a few months, then...."

I'd happily pay double this amount for one that wasn't a piece of crap and would actually work for a while. Do any of you know where I can get a good one? My Google-fu is failing me a bit today.

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
cetacoma is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Carter
cetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Alpine has one.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KCU4...85#details-tab

I'm going to be installing this with my new HU in a couple of weeks. Sorry I can't speak to reliability at this point.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Exactly what I'm looking for. I found a few by Pioneer after I posted. Started worrying that they'd ONLY work with the Pioneer (or in your case, Alpine) systems, but it's just a USB and AUX jack, so they should work with what I have.

Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
jprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to all
Navy: Honorably Discharged
Name: Joshua
jprovence's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Cha...ef=pd_sim_e_32

I've had this for over a year. And it still functions flawless and the cable shows no signs of wearing out. Its wrapped in a Nylon sheath so its pretty stiff though. Takes a while to loosen up. But won't tangle like a rubble or plastic cable.