1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New HU assistance

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by guitarjamman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    I am in the process of aquiring all new audio components for my truck and am now stuck on which head unit to purchase. I understand this is a personal decision at the end of the day but my main concern is possible theft - my first car in highschool was broken into and I lost a lot of valuable equipment. I believe this was mainly due to not properly placing my radar detector (major flag to possible crooks) and my trunk for them was a gold mine when they checked it out. Ever since then I have been quite leery of having flashy equipment or anything that screams check me out.

That being said, I am trying to figure out if a double din unit (Pioneer avh-p2400bt) or a single din unit (JVC kd-avx77) would be more "safe". They both run the same price and have the same features I am looking for and push the same power. At first I was dead set on the Pioneer, but now after reading reviews on the JVC and watching some videos, I am at a loss. Any input?

Thanks

2. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    Beach Taco

Beach Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    12' SR5 4x4
    WeatherTech Ventvisors, Dealer Sprayed Underliner, Aries black 3" side bars, Front windows 35% tint
    i just got the pioneer 4400. To let you know the 2500(newest) has a 6.1" screen compared to 2400 w/ a 5.8" . If they going to break in I dont think it really matters single or doule din or brand name, they will still break in. Tint windows to make it harder for an after market stuff to stand out. and dont let everyone know you have aftermarket stuff. Usually it ends up being someone that knows you or a friend of a friend that takes the stuff sad to say but true.

Products Discussed in

To Top