1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth A2DP Music on Stock 2nd Gen?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by NeilMcG, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Feb 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    NeilMcG

NeilMcG [OP] New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
    Hi I'm new to this forum.

I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner with a stock head unit.

I have a cradle for my iPhone and I am looking for a way to connect my iPhone to the head unit to play music, without having to replace what is already there.

Here are a couple options I'm thinking:

1. Add an AUX port in and use a cable. I've seen kits out there that do this. I don't like having cables though.

2. Add an iPod interface in. - Can I do this with the existing interface?

3. Add some sort of Bluetooth module to the existing head unit. This would allow streaming via A2DP from the iPhone via Bluetooth.

I would prefer trying option #3, as it is wireless (Bluetooth). I've tried searching the Internet and can't find anything to do so. Can anyone throw out some options which might work? Any links, pointers, etc. would be helpful.

2. Feb 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    spark4

spark4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 Cement
    Bilstein 6100/5160, Ray 10's, 5.29, KDMax Tuned
    I have an 09' so mine came with a aux port. I hated using a cable so I bought a griffin bluetrip and a really short 3" aux cable. I plug the bluetrip into one cig lighter and the short aux cable into the aux port and the other end into the bluetrip device. Cable eliminated. Works great. Bought it off Amazon for 60 Bucks. The cable that comes with the bluetrip is super long and I wanted a really short one since the aux port is next to the cig lighter port that the bluetrip is plugged into. Maybe you can add a aux port to your stock radio and then get the blue trip There is a post somewhere on here that shows how to add it. I was looking at other a2dp devices that are way cheaper but I don't like how you have to have a power cable running into the device. I liked how the bluetrip was designed to fit into a cig port. It's super slim and almost fits flush. Automatically connect when I enter my truck. Good luck. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing.

3. Apr 10, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    4WDTrout

4WDTrout Perpetually dreaming of tall trees & rivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD SR5 DCSB
    Total Tacoma nOOb.
    This is an Old thread but, I have an 08 with a oem head unit and would like to stream music from my iPhone. Is there anything new that can be used to do this without having to change the head unit?

4. Apr 10, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    jonatancastaneda

jonatancastaneda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Scion Radio Interior LED Chromed Vent Knobs Chrome Shift Knob Temperature Dials
    I used this device a while ago in my daily driver.. a Prius. It worked good, steering controls work. I am pretty sure it will work on stock radio. As long as you have a CD changer plug.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/371527905457

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Apr 10, 2018 at 8:54 AM
    chacotaco

chacotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Albuquerque & Palo Alto
    Vehicle:
    2011 SSM TRD SPORT DCLB
    Black Snugtop XtraVision Sleep Deck.
  6. May 15, 2018 at 10:11 AM
    jonatancastaneda

jonatancastaneda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Scion Radio Interior LED Chromed Vent Knobs Chrome Shift Knob Temperature Dials
    I have used the usb above but the issue is that I always had the high pitched noise when using it.. Came to find out these can't be grounded properly to avoid this. The one I listed connect and power from the back of the radio.. So grounding is built in anf the sound is clear.. No background noise.

Products Discussed in

To Top