Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2012 wiring harness diagram

Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
2012 wiring harness diagram

Hello,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the stock non-jbl stereo for a 2012 tacoma.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
here is what i found
2012 radio and speaker wires (not with jbl)
- all wires are found behind the radio

radio 12v- light blue
radio ground- brown
radio turn on/ignition- gray
radio ilumination- green(park lights)-- green w/ white stripe(dimmer)
-speakers
driver front speaker-pink (+)-- purple (-)
passenger front speaker- light green (+)-- blue(-)
driver rear speaker- black (+)-- yellow(-)
passenger rear speaker- red(+)-- white(-)
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks that helps alot,

I have a alpine pxe-h660 processor i want to install, just in the planning stages right now, i was trying to figure out what colors the speaker wires are.

Plan is either to cut the speaker wires and run them to the processor or to get a additional harness to avoid cutting the factory one, any opinions?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
getting another harness sounds cleaner but the front speakers and the power wires are on the same plug so you will need a t-harness and i havent seen any for our trucks.. as far as the rear speakers they are on a seperate plug and you can use an aftermaket flug to wire off of..
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Ya i was looking into getting a tacoma aftermarket harness and a oem reverse harness, in order to run the wires without cutting the factory wiring, basically making my own plug and play harness.

I can run the wires from my harness to the processor, than run new wires from the amp.

I thought about running the wires from the amp back to the harness but i'm not sure the original speaker wires can handle 100RMs+ that i'm sending to them. So i'll just run new.

I believe this is how car audio shops install aftermarket equipment.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also looking for a 2012 wiring diagram. Specific items of interest are the power inverter so I can install a 110v plug in the cab, and the backup cam so I can make it available at all times to my Alpine head unit.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
MaDpOo is on a distinguished road
MaDpOo's Tacoma Gallery
Backup Cam

BUMP

I would also like to know about the backup camera wiring.

Wanting the same thing as to displaying it on my unit.

EDIT:
Sorry I found it by search

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html