1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 wiring harness diagram

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chrispy, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    chrispy

chrispy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Hello,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the stock non-jbl stereo for a 2012 tacoma.

Thanks

2. Feb 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    do you need every wire or are you looking for something in particular? i can help just let me know..

3. Feb 4, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    here is what i found
    2012 radio and speaker wires (not with jbl)
    - all wires are found behind the radio

radio 12v- light blue
    radio ground- brown
    radio turn on/ignition- gray
    radio ilumination- green(park lights)-- green w/ white stripe(dimmer)
    -speakers
    driver front speaker-pink (+)-- purple (-)
    passenger front speaker- light green (+)-- blue(-)
    driver rear speaker- black (+)-- yellow(-)
    passenger rear speaker- red(+)-- white(-)

4. Feb 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    chrispy

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Thanks that helps alot,

I have a alpine pxe-h660 processor i want to install, just in the planning stages right now, i was trying to figure out what colors the speaker wires are.

Plan is either to cut the speaker wires and run them to the processor or to get a additional harness to avoid cutting the factory one, any opinions?

5. Feb 5, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    getting another harness sounds cleaner but the front speakers and the power wires are on the same plug so you will need a t-harness and i havent seen any for our trucks.. as far as the rear speakers they are on a seperate plug and you can use an aftermaket flug to wire off of..

6. Feb 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    chrispy

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Ya i was looking into getting a tacoma aftermarket harness and a oem reverse harness, in order to run the wires without cutting the factory wiring, basically making my own plug and play harness.

I can run the wires from my harness to the processor, than run new wires from the amp.

I thought about running the wires from the amp back to the harness but i'm not sure the original speaker wires can handle 100RMs+ that i'm sending to them. So i'll just run new.

I believe this is how car audio shops install aftermarket equipment.

7. Apr 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Highspeed

Highspeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    +42° 52' 21.69", -124° 32' 8.50"
    Vehicle:
    TRD off road
    A.R.E. cap
    I'm also looking for a 2012 wiring diagram. Specific items of interest are the power inverter so I can install a 110v plug in the cab, and the backup cam so I can make it available at all times to my Alpine head unit.

8. Oct 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    MaDpOo

MaDpOo New Member

Member:
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  9. Nov 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM
    SpecialEd115

SpecialEd115 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Tacoma TRD
    Trying to find a wiring diagram for 2012 Tacoma steering wheel controls. Not really worried about the bluetooth side of the house, but want to be able to control my aftermarket head unit using the steering wheel controls.

10. Nov 24, 2015 at 11:56 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab

Products Discussed in

To Top