1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth not able to be discovered by Iphone 4s

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jw1983, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Feb 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Hey everyone!
    Yesterday I had changed my phone from a Google Nexus to an Iphone 4s. I have a 2013 Tacoma with no entune. From day one my Google Nexus always hooked up to the bluetooth through the stereo of the Tacoma, no problems. I got my Iphone yesterday and tried to get the stereo to discover it, and it wouldn't find. I was wondering if this is a common problem? I remember hearing long ago that there was issues with Iphone but I figured that they were figured out by now.

If anyone has any advice to please post, thanks!

2. Feb 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I have a 2011 with the JBL/Bluetooth and just upgraded to the 4S and haven't had any problems. Knock on wood.

3. Feb 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    bigweb2001

bigweb2001 Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Double Cab
    Yes I had the same problem. Once you try to connect with your iphone and get the Fail message, look at the bottom of the list of BlueTooth devices, you will see the CAR MULTIMEDIA bold black font. Just tap on it and it will sync up....

4. Feb 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    on your phone go to your -settings- then -general- then -software update- and see if you need an update or if you are currently running on the ios 6.1? I know you just got the phone but it might not running the ios 6.1..

5. Feb 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    JakeyWakey

JakeyWakey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    12' MGM TRD Sport AT
    ...Put a Buckeye sticker in the back window.
    Hey OP he's right. I don't know if your nexus allowed text messages to be shown on screen before, but the iPhone 4(s)(5) does not support that feature either..

6. Feb 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    jw1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    @Bigweb2001- The thing is when I turn on the Bluetooth it doesn't recognize the trucks bluetooth to be hooked up. All that the iphone does is search. I tried the bluetooth on my Mac and the Mac recognizes the Iphone but the Iphone doesn't recognize the Mac.

@kevinsc - Yeah I am running the latest software, I just checked to make sure.

@JakeyWakey - I am not looking for test messages on the screen. I don't have that option. I am just trying to get the bluetooth to discover each other so I can use the bluetooth function while I am driving.

I am confused because I have never had this problem before to when it came to Bluetooth. Could it possibly be the phone? Could it possibly be the truck? I honestly don't know lol.

7. Feb 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    bigweb2001

bigweb2001 Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Double Cab
    Also, reboot your iPhone (power off, then on). Not sure what's going on if it does not see the Car Multimedia at all, maybe try with the truck running to ensure the BT radio is getting power.....

8. Feb 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    jw1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Yeah it worked through the "Car Media" through the BT of the truck. Thanks for the help you guys!

Products Discussed in

To Top