Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Building Sub Box for 07 Tacoma Double Cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
jmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to behold
Name: John
jmcc's Tacoma Gallery
Building Sub Box for 07 Tacoma Double Cab

Recently purchased a pioneer double din dvd head unit as well as 2 pairs of alpine type r's with a hifonics 4 way amp. Now im looking to build a sub box to fit behind the double cabs seat. I would like 1 sub with an amp rack in the other storage compartment. I am not sure whether i should go with a shallow mount such as an alpine type r 12" shallow mount or a jl audio tw5. Or go with a full sized sub. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have alpine type r 12 (shallow) and I'm a fan of it. If you are trying to run two I can tell you now that you can build 2 boxes, sealed at .60ft and run one sub on each side and still have room to make an amp rack in the middle (See my build thread for pic's and ideas).

However, I HIGHLY suggest at last .80-1ft of sealed air space with this sub as it does sound much better. Also when you build the box use fiberglass resin (just the resin) and coat the entire inside of the box. If you like bass, then make a ported box. If you do go ported it will take up the entire back section behind the seats and amps will have to go under the seats.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
jmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to beholdjmcc is a splendid one to behold
jmcc's Tacoma Gallery
The alpine type r 12 sounds like it would be good. Has anyone heard a Sundown SD-2 12" in a sealed small box such as one that would fit behind the backseats? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AIIZF0ROPFSE5
Just because its a little bit cheaper and the reviews look great.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
jmcc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have alpine type r 12 (shallow) and I'm a fan of it. If you are trying to run two I can tell you now that you can build 2 boxes, sealed at .60ft and run one sub on each side and still have room to make an amp rack in the middle (See my build thread for pic's and ideas).

However, I HIGHLY suggest at last .80-1ft of sealed air space with this sub as it does sound much better. Also when you build the box use fiberglass resin (just the resin) and coat the entire inside of the box. If you like bass, then make a ported box. If you do go ported it will take up the entire back section behind the seats and amps will have to go under the seats.
BTW your build looks sick AF!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
jmcc's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

Thanks for the help decided to go with the Alpine Type R Shallow Mount 12". Going to be building a box for it and checking out your build for ideas.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
C Wills is on a distinguished road

Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
Thanks for the help decided to go with the Alpine Type R Shallow Mount 12". Going to be building a box for it and checking out your build for ideas.
I was wondering how your build was coming along. What amps did you decide on? Any picture updates?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
jmcc's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up getting a pair of Alpine Type R Components for the front doors, then a pair of Alpine Type R 2 ways for the rear doors, a 12" Alpine Type R Shallow Mount Sub, a 600w Hifonics Zeus .4 amp, and a 1500w Hifonics mono block amp. I have actually come down with a bad lung infection and wont be able to work with my friend on building the box for another week or so. When I am better I will be posting a new thread with pics of the build and a video of it up and running . Sorry for the delay it'll come together soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #8

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. Get well . Be looking foward to seeing the pics
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
jmcc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
Ok. Get well . Be looking foward to seeing the pics
Finally got it built. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post6813507
Old 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #10

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I just got my head unit . Still doing some research on everything else.

Products Discussed in this Thread