Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

the elusive jbl amp wiring diagram

Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
the elusive jbl amp wiring diagram

I need it! I want to keep my stock nav unit and use speaker level inputs for an external amp to replace the jbl amp and sub. does anyone know where to find the diagram or if the metra harness 70-8117 works on the 2013?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
whonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jay
whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know this too! Sub'd!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslum View Post
I need it! I want to keep my stock nav unit and use speaker level inputs for an external amp to replace the jbl amp and sub. does anyone know where to find the diagram or if the metra harness 70-8117 works on the 2013?
So if i am correct you are trying to take out your amp that is stock and replace with a new one?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Yes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes
why dont you just take the speaker wire that is going to the amp in there now and convert them to RCA to use on a aftermarket amp?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsc View Post
so you need the wire colors for the speakers at the amp? if so i can get that for you...
Yes. That is exactly what I need
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
tell me if this is what you need..
wires for jbl system at the amp on the rear wall

driver front door
-On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are pink(+) - purple(-) at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 2 and 1. The tweeter wires are red/white(+) - red(-) at the amplifier, blue 10 pin plug, pins 8 and 7

pass. front
- the speaker wires are lt. green(+) - blue(-) at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 9 and 3. The tweeter wires are blue(+) - pink(-) at the amplifier, blue 10 pin plug, pins 2 and 6.

driver rear
- the speaker wires are black(+) - yellow(-) at the amplifier, blue 10 pin plug, pins 3 and 9.

pass. read
- the speaker wires are red(+) - white(-) at the amplifier, blue 10 pin plug, pins 10 and 4.

factory sub
(sub wires are run parallel with the rear speakers)
- the speaker wires are green/yellow - green/white pins 5 and 12 (1); blue/black - blue/red pins 4 and 10 (2) at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, ; .

hope this helps

*BY ALL MEANS THIS IS NOT YOUR BASIC EVERY DAY INSTALL THAT ANYBODY CAN DO. IT SHOULD BE DONE BY A PROFESSIONAL OR SOMEONE WITH GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF AUTO ELECTRONICS AND HOW THESE NEW SYSTEMS WORK AS YOU CAN SEVERALY DAMAGE YOU VEHICLE!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsc View Post
so you need the wire colors for the speakers at the amp? if so i can get that for you...
Yes. That is exactly what I need
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
Another Traitor
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Ummm, if this works, I'll be amazed.

Lemme edit:

Replacing the stock amp with an aftermarket amp will do nothing for you.. if I works. JBL speakers are a custom impedance, I forgot how much though. Your amp probably wont put out much more than the stock power, and if it does, it will probably blow the little crap speakers.

Replacing anything in the JBL system without replacing the entire system really isn't worth it man. I'm telling you this because I've been there. The only thing that is sorta nice is replacing the head unit....but you gain little.

I did it all, until eventually I got rid of it altogether.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah im planning on replacing the entire system but for now I want to keep the stock head unit
Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah im planning on replacing the entire system but for now I want to keep the stock head unit
I suggest you just replace the speakers for now with good components that you can reuse later when you're ready to replace everything else but since you're taking off your door panels, use sound deadning!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
edit: sorry to anyone who recieved the wrong info from my post but jslum has pm'ed me and we have talked more about this and he is either wanting to remove just the factory sub and wire in a line level converter that works with the jbl system to run a sub amp and a new sub.. or we also talked about running a 5 channel amp and replacing all door speakers and a new sub.. which will work just fine as long as you have the know how.. if you are not sure of how to do this do not hack up you truck and try because it is an above average job! i know this works because i have done this same type of install when you change all factory speakers to new speakers and and bypass amp on the factory units to put a new amp in on these vehicles tacoma with the jbl system, a charger with the 8 inch sreen and factory amplified sytem, yukon with bose amplified system, infinity g-35 with the bose system and many other factory amplified systems with factory nav or if they just didnt want to change the factory radio..

*BY ALL MEANS THIS IS NOT YOUR BASIC EVERY DAY INSTALL THAT ANYBODY CAN DO. IT SHOULD BE DONE BY A PROFESSIONAL OR SOMEONE WITH GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF AUTO ELECTRONICS AND HOW THESE NEW SYSTEMS WORK AS YOU CAN SEVERALY DAMAGE YOU VEHICLE!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #14
Max1588 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Max1588's Tacoma Gallery
So my question is, is the JBL headunit sending signals to the amp rather than powering the speakers? Im asking because I really like the factory radio, and if I get a harness to plug into the back of a JBL radio, and wire it to an aftermarket amp's low volt input, than I should be good correct? I have the non JBL system as of now, and have done a factory integration with an alpine amp and JBL speakers. I don't even know if that makes any sense, im tired... lol