1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help deciding on a head unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jslum, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    jslum

jslum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    SoFL
    Ok, soooo I guess I am going to replace my stock jbl nav head unit with aftermarket so it will be easier to integrate the rest of my aftermarket stereo but I want something with the same features. Looking at pioneer or Kenwood. I want one that has Nav, Bluetooth, Pandora, at least 3 preamp outputs with decent voltage that works well with android, specifically galaxy s 3, and will integrate with factory backup camera, not necessarily looking for new so if there is a slightly older model someone knows of that has all these features and has experience with them please let me know. Thanks

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    When you say "Plays great with Android, specifically Galaxy S3" what specifics are you looking for?

Pioneer App Radio 'plays nice' with Android, but its a crappy deck if you ask me.

3. Feb 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    jslum

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    SoFL
    Most decks seem to be geared more toward working well with apple products not android and ive read a lot about android users having issues. I would like to be able to control pandora from the deck not my phone

4. Feb 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    eric3187

eric3187 Well-Known Member

Member:
    for whatever its worth, my kenwood dnx6990hd does not do bluetooth streaming very well connects/disconnects a few times before it stays connected.... was messing around with a pioneer 2500 somethin or other and bluetooth connected first time and stayed connected.

no complaints from my kenwood other than that.

5. Feb 15, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    2012SilverSport

2012SilverSport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver TRD Sport Double Cab
    CS Jumpers LED's throughout the cab and marker/DTRL's weather techs/seat covers. Head unit Pioneer AVHX5500BHS, Speakers, Front, Polk Audio DXi 6500 component, rear Polk Audio DXi 650s Subwoofer Sound Ordinance B-8PS, Amplifier Alpine KTP 445U. Front ICON extended travel 2.5 remote resi, Camburg UCA's. Rear ICON 2.0 remote res rear. Wheelers 3 leaf HD progressive AAL,
    I have a Pioneer AVH X5500 on the way. One of the reasons I chose this one is because of the good reviews of Android users. my wife has the galaxy s3 so I will let you know how it works once installed, should be by the end of next week. another option that is essentially the same, a little cheaper with not as many bells and whistles is the Pioneer AVH X3500. It is worth a look.

6. Feb 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Pioneer App radio.

Sound quality is shit on it.. But it has the features you want and if you are streaming BT audio you don't care about sound quality anyways. Especially streaming Pandora.

7. Feb 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    jslum

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    SoFL
    Hahaha, im not just going to be streaming pandora but on road trips which I take often I get tired of the same ol same ol so I end up using pandora. Trying to get the best of both worlds

Products Discussed in

To Top