Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

HELP: installed bluetooth in my car and cant hear phone calls

Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
HELP: installed bluetooth in my car and cant hear phone calls

So I recently installed a jvc head unit with Bluetooth and a mic for phone calls but everytime I call some one or they call me I can never hear them. It sounds like they are getting cut off like their phones have no signal and they say that they can not hear me very good. I am positive its not he phone because when i switch the call to my phone headset it immediately sounds perfect.Any idea on what might be the problem? can provide pics of the unit installed if neccesary
Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Try another phone first and see if the problem still happens. If your switching to the headset then you are removing BT all together and its not a valid test. Try another phone, see how it works.. If both phones do the exact same, its a setting or an issue on the deck.. If phone 2 works, phone 1 sucks and time to get another phone.

Also some decks you have to tell it to use BT for calls AND/OR audio streaming.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you. So i took everything out and checked all wiring a nd all that and when i put it back together again it finally worked BUT not the only problem is that now me and the other person i am talking to both hear static. Any suggestions on what might be the problem now??