Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2013 Radio Wiring Harness Question

Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
dom.nick is on a distinguished road
dom.nick's Tacoma Gallery
Post 2013 Radio Wiring Harness Question

Let me start by saying that I am new to the forums. I purchased my first Toyota late last year and I am loving it! I'm am now the proud owner of a 2013 Access Cab w/ TRD Off-Road package.

I just ordered a Bazooka bass tube for my back seat. Figured it would take minimal space and add the kick to the factory sound that I'm looking for. I have the touch-screen w/out navigation.

The Bazookas are really simple to hook up (I had one in my last car). All you need to do is splice into the existing radio/speaker wiring. Being that my truck is brand new, the last thing I want to do is splice into the factory wiring

Does anybody have suggestions on how I can do this? Is there an intermediary harness or "t-type" connector I can buy? I haven't had much luck finding any type of harness for the 2013's at all.... Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
When I installed my Kicker Hideaway sub I started this thread. Maybe you can find some info here useful. I didn't cut any factory wires I just tapped into what I needed.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post6194356
Old 02-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
dom.nick is on a distinguished road
dom.nick's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Bazooka in yesterday and ran the wires up through to the H\U.

I finally found the harness that I'm looking for. It is made specifically to plug directly into the Bazooka F.A.S.T connector but I'm sure it could come in handy for other projects as well. It works as an intermediary - one end plugs directly into the factory HU, the other two ends plug into the factory wiring and into the Bazooka connector, respectively.

Found these at HiFi Sound Connection

For Toyota's WITHOUT JBL Premium Audio:

F.A.S.T 1761

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

For Toyota's WITH JBL audio (nav):

F.A.S.T 8113

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

Like I said before, I wanted to avoid cutting or tapping into any wires on my brand new truck. This is the solution I was looking for. Hope this helps someone else too.