Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Tailgate Bed Speakers

Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate Bed Speakers

Hey guys, Ive looked around and wondered if anyone has ever fabricated speakers into the beds rear stow away compartments. I'm big into tailgating and thought it would be great for pregaming and listening to things in the truck without having to have the doors open.

Im sure this has been thought of...just wondering if its been done and how to go about it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
For weather resistance, I would use some boat speakers and maybe run just the wiring back there and just plug in speakers when you actually need them.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
For weather resistance, I would use some boat speakers. Or maybe run just the wiring back there and have some speakers you just plug in when you actually need them.
true. safety wise I would hope they could be deep enough i could slip the covers on them when not in use. but i understand those boxes arent water safe. thanks for the tip.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the drain holes and the latch holes do let in faunk. If you just have the wiring back there then it kinda thiefproofs it and keeps the speakers out of the weather until you want to use them.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
Selenium d250x is what I run.....they are waterproof horns and get very loud maybe a little much for your application but its an option
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmcinty View Post
Selenium d250x is what I run.....they are waterproof horns and get very loud maybe a little much for your application but its an option
i was talking to a buddy of mine about it, we were wondering if the stock raido would have enough power to hold up two more speakers or would i need to buy an amp?

im fairly newb to sound system wiring and would have to have a little holding of hands.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes you can run them off the stock deck or any deck for that matter they just won't get very loud....almost as loud as your stock speakers as you will be splicing into their output as well.....so say your stock speakers are getting 10 watts each from the deck if you then add another speaker onto that output it will only be about 5 watts.....make sense??
Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #8

Ps I run about 150-175 watts to each one of mine.....I have 4
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
You can't run an extra set of speaker in parallel with the factory ones. Connecting in parallel increases the amp draw on the head unit, you will overload it. An amp is in your future.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I think I remember someone putting speakers in the cubby holes above the wheel wells. Always thought that was a good spot.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercaselong View Post
i was talking to a buddy of mine about it, we were wondering if the stock raido would have enough power to hold up two more speakers or would i need to buy an amp?

im fairly newb to sound system wiring and would have to have a little holding of hands.
I would think you could tap into the rear and just adjust the deck to just the rear speakers with out a problem. Ofcoarse have them on some kind of switch so they only come on when you want them.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I think I remember someone putting speakers in the cubby holes above the wheel wells. Always thought that was a good spot.
Yeah I saw this too some where?

Edit: post 7 http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-time-do.html
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #13
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
Yeah I saw this too some where?

Edit: post 7 http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-time-do.html
Yeah, except I saw someone make a plate to cover the front, and mount them there. But same idea.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #14

I would love for them to fit pretty flush in the rear storage areas in the back of the bed. I like the idea of just having some waterproof ones I can take out, thanks for the link and ideas, thats a big help.