1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help relocating factory amp

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by nobody4343, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Feb 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    nobody4343

nobody4343 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    Ok guys I'm starting to install my sytem on my dc slowly but surely. I have already got the new headunit installed. Still having issues getting the taco tunes steering wheel interface to program itself. I'm installing the subs on thursday. I'm going to put the amp for the subs under the passenger side seat or driver seat not sure yet. However I still need to move the factory jbl amp from the passenger side, which is where it naturally is, to the center so i can mount it to the center of the box and subs. An y ideas on how to move the amp??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    Bump for any ideas. My only idea is to cut the amp harness and splice in a 2 foot piece of wire to extend the harness really don't want to do that

3. Feb 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    jslum

jslum Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    SoFL
    As far as I can tell, that is the only way to do it, I have been looking for the plugs for that amp and cant find them. Sub'd for a solution too

4. Feb 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    If I can't get any ideas looks like ill be splicing a lot of wires tomorrow

5. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    Late night bump don't want to splice 18 damn wires tomorrow

6. Feb 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    Bump only hours left before I start cutting wires

7. Feb 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    Well I finished the system today. I didn't cut the harness like I said I was. I took out all the plastic panels off cut all the factory wire tie down spot up to the door jamb and it was just enough to place the amp in the center. Will upload pics tomorrow

8. Dec 23, 2021 at 2:11 AM
    Yoda11

Yoda11 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma
    Would love to see the photos if you have them. Just got a taco and looking to relocate mine to under the seat. I want the storage room behind the seat.

9. Dec 23, 2021 at 8:36 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    If I’m not mistaken, what you did, with rerouting the wire bundle, or cutting and splicing are the only two ways. A lot of people with the JBL amp pull the wire bundle and move the amp under the passenger seat.

Products Discussed in

To Top