Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How does an idiot get an audio hookup on an '06?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
How does an idiot get an audio hookup on an '06?

It's probably been asked before, but here's what I've got. I have the 2006 JBL system in my truck. I like the factory headunit and have no problem with it. I also like that I can adjust the volume, tracks, etc from the steering wheel. I know that if I bought an aftermarket headunit, I could find one with a direct audio hookup, but I'm pretty happy with the one I have. I've been using one of those stupid walmart FM transmitters, which works most of the time, but I would like to have a good clean hookup with better quality. I'm no guru at this kind of stuff, so how can I set this up to where I can keep the OEM headuit, steering wheel controls, but get a direct hookup? Would a newer JBL Tacoma headunit (with the direct hookup) work with my truck? Is there a part I can buy from the dealer? I guess what are my options, and what is the cheapest lol
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Idk if the newer units are compatible with your truck, maybe it would be worth your time to talk to the parts department at a dealer.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
You talking about for ipod control right? If so usa-spec pa15-toy ipod interface should work for your truck. I have one thats prsctically brand new I was going to list in the for sale section just havent gotten around to it. Check it out and if youre interested let me know. You can control everything on your ipod from the radio just like the 2013 with usb port