Notices

Amp Setting for ID XS-65 Components

Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
POOPonYOU is on a distinguished road
Name: John
POOPonYOU's Tacoma Gallery
Amp Setting for ID XS-65 Components

Hello All,
I recently had an Alpine PDX-F4 amp (100RMS x 4) installed to power my Image Dynamic XS-65. The problem I'm having is that I get 0 midbass. Is it necessary to use the HP filter on my amp if the installer used the crossovers that came with the speakers? If so, what setting should I set the filter for? Please help and thanks for your time.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by POOPonYOU View Post
Hello All,
I recently had an Alpine PDX-F4 amp (100RMS x 4) installed to power my Image Dynamic XS-65. The problem I'm having is that I get 0 midbass. Is it necessary to use the HP filter on my amp if the installer used the crossovers that came with the speakers? If so, what setting should I set the filter for? Please help and thanks for your time.
HP filter should be on. I'd set the hertz to 80'ish and go from there.

Sound deaden the doors if you want more mid bass.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a sub too, or not? Have sub, need HP on the doors (HU or amp), no sub, no filters should be necessary. Agree on the vibration dampening and sound deadener.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
Dynomated

Thanks for the help.
My front doors have dynomat. I followed your advice about adjusting the HP Hz to 80ish. It was set to 110hz. That made a slight difference. I do not have a sub. What speakers do you recommend for the back doors? Thank you for your time.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
It's all about budget when it comes to speakers.. Personally, Focal is the only speakers I'll run in my doors from now on. You are running ID fronts, I'd find the matching rears if its in your price range.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by POOPonYOU View Post
Thanks for the help.
My front doors have dynomat. I followed your advice about adjusting the HP Hz to 80ish. It was set to 110hz. That made a slight difference. I do not have a sub. What speakers do you recommend for the back doors? Thank you for your time.
If you do not have a sub, turn off the filter.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try turning off the filter and see how that goes.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
@Aw9d, Is Focal that good? Wonder if I should if I should just put 6x9 in the back door. I believe that's the original factory size.