Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Where to find aux. input plug/switch

Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Where to find aux. input plug/switch

I installed a Grom adapter today so I could have a direct hookup on my phone. I am happy with it except for my auxiliary mount. I basically took the male end of the Grom cable and have it plugged into a female/female coupler. I drilled a small hole for the female/female to slide into, where most of it is behind the dash and just enough sticks out for me to actually plug a male/male into and then into my phone. I hope that made some sort of sense. It is between the cigarette lighter and the power source, above the cup holders. It doesn't look terrible, but I would like to have a more factory look to it.

I was hoping for something sort of like these pictures; that looked like the factory switches like for the fog lights, rear diff lock, etc. The only thing is that it needs to be female/female and I've had no luck. I was just hoping somebody could point me in the right direction.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
mytacoma
tquang will become famous soon enough
Name: mytacoma
tquang's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=37732

Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
If you can solder, then go to Radio Shack and get a 3.5mm stereo jack like below and wire up your cable to that (or wire a short cord with another female plug on the end to it so you can plug your adapter in behind the dash). Then, install the jack into one of the blank switch location covers.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tquang View Post
Thanks, but I think that is a USB adapter. I guess I should have clarified that I need a 1/8" or 3.5mm. I did check out that site though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosh View Post
If you can solder, then go to Radio Shack and get a 3.5mm stereo jack like below and wire up your cable to that (or wire a short cord with another female plug on the end to it so you can plug your adapter in behind the dash). Then, install the jack into one of the blank switch location covers.

Thanks, I'm not much on soldering lol. I had seen a mod to do that though. If it comes down to it, I may have to do something like that. I was just hoping there might be something already made for this out there.