Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Budget components under $150??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Budget components under $150??

I'm looking for a set of budget components for my 2010 double cab. What is everybody running these days? I'll be running about 50 watts rms per side to these. Any help would be great.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
I recently put in some Infinity Reference 6.5" components into my truck. I'm no audiophile so I'm not too picky and they sound great to me. I'm using the Alpine power pack to power them and they give them a nice kick but down expect to be busting any windows or anything like that. They sound a lot better than the stock speakers and they were less than $150 so I'm happy with them.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
I was doing a lot of research on this and it seems the Infinity Kappa 60.9CS (discontinued for a newer model on a lot of sites/The Kappa series is the 'better' version of the reference series) is the best low $100 speaker system out there right now....It has fiberglass cones, quality electronics in the crossovers and 95dB sensitivity...which is crazy at that price...It has been replaced by the 60.11CS that is $300 to $400 a set...
www.amazon.com/Infinity-Two-Way-Component-System-Speakers/dp/B0017LFSXU/

and if you want maximum bass...get the 6x9
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-6809C.../dp/B00190XTLM
Bang for your buck I think that's the best option right now...

Thoughts?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
I put a set of three-way Inifinity Kappa's in my wifes car and they are awesome. Esp. for the price. When i have some free cash for stereo components in the truck, i'll be going with Infinity's again.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
What size are the speakers in our front and back door? I'm looking at stuff too but not sure what to get either.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
jimmybee1108 will become famous soon enough
Name: JM
jimmybee1108's Tacoma Gallery
Always heard some good things about alpine type s, jl comps, and Kenwood excelon line.

if you cab find something from focal, rainbow, or ID that's going on sale for around that price, snag em!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Thanks guys. I'm highly considering the Polk MM6501 components or the db series. They have ridiculously high ratings.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
The front doors will limit you to 6.5" on searches but they can handle 6x9" with a proper adapter ring...
Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFortRichard View Post
The front doors will limit you to 6.5" on searches but they can handle 6x9" with a proper adapter ring...
Adapters will allow you to fit 6.75's
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Check out onlinecarstereo.com

Just bought a set of JBLs there for my Tacoma and they have some great prices.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #11
Nerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Nerodivla's Tacoma Gallery
Sonic electronix FTW! Save a ton of cash compared to retailers. And I find reading customer reviews and comparing products really helpful. FWIW I like kicker stuff, but I'm definitely not a car audio guru.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
jimmybee1108 will become famous soon enough
Name: JM
jimmybee1108's Tacoma Gallery
with minimal nodding you can fit an 8" midbass in the doors
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
NOCENTS is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the Polk DB6501, then went to Alpine SPS-610c and now JL C2-650x all powered off the same 80 rms amp. Polks had more deeper bass but brighter tweeters, alpines were ok and still playing with the JLs but I miss my Polks!!!! Just my .02
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
I have used Infinity Kappas with good results. I just bought a set of JBL GTOs for my 03 Double Cab that I will be installing this weekend. Paid just under $150 for components up front and coaxial in rear and some Dynamat for the doors. They have gotten really good reviews so I am looking forward to getting them put in (once my adapters arrive).
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
Thanks guys. I'm highly considering the Polk MM6501 components or the db series. They have ridiculously high ratings.
Did you ever make a purchase I'm thinking about those polks too.

Anybody know what size speakers I should look at for the rear doors?

Products Discussed in this Thread