Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

new to toyota looking to put a sound system in it

Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
bgibbon is on a distinguished road
Name: brandon
bgibbon's Tacoma Gallery
new to toyota looking to put a sound system in it

hi i have a 2012 toyota tacoma i am looking to upgrade the sound system i have found a navigation system that i am going to put in it but my question is can i buy the usb 3.5 aux port for in the tacoma so that i dont cut or f the factory one up if anyone know where i can buy it because i am thinking just run a 3.5 and a usb off the back of the stereo to the plug and ethier glue it into that plate then mount it so i am really just looking for just the front that shows aux and usb on it any help would be great

below is the stuff i am going to buy any thoughts on these unit will be great also any ideas on a sub box for in it i found one that make the back cupholder come out and put it in i like that one just wondering if anyone has any better ideas thanks again for all the help hope this makes sense

Quantity Product Description Total Price

Jensen VM9725BT
Availability: In Stock - Ships same or next business day
$389.99

Extended Warranty Options (Show)

Vehicle Specific Installation Accessories
For 2012 TOYOTA TACOMA
Manage Accessories / Change Vehicle

Wiring Harness: Scosche TA02B / TA02
FREE

Dash Kit: Metra 99-8235CHG
$17.00

SiriusXM SXV200V1 (SXV200 v1)
$6.50 Instant savings when purchased with Jensen VM9725BT
$64.99
$58.49

Axxess ASWC
$54.99

Metra 40-LX11
$12.99

Infinity + Boston Acoustic Bass Package
$155.12
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
First things first: look at your keyboard. See the key with the dot and the ">" symbol that is 2 keys to the right of the "M" key? (I'll give you a second) That is the key to press when you want to insert a period when you type. Now that you have found it, you can start using it. Punctuation important. It makes reading that mess you wrote up there much easier.

Now, as for the Aux/USB jack: you can get them from Toyota but they are expensive. I wouldn't mess up your stock one. Just get a blank switch cover and mod that one to fill the hole. Or, get some ABS and make a custom switch hole cover.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
Ha....I was going to say the same thing. It's like talking without taking a breath!

Not 100% what you want, but this part will allow you to retain the stock usb port.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...AX-TOYUSB.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosh View Post
First things first: look at your keyboard. See the key with the dot and the ">" symbol that is 2 keys to the right of the "M" key? (I'll give you a second) That is the key to press when you want to insert a period when you type. Now that you have found it, you can start using it. Punctuation important. It makes reading that mess you wrote up there much easier.

Now, as for the Aux/USB jack: you can get them from Toyota but they are expensive. I wouldn't mess up your stock one. Just get a blank switch cover and mod that one to fill the hole. Or, get some ABS and make a custom switch hole cover.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
bgibbon's Tacoma Gallery
thanks and sorry should have put some ..

i wrote it fast and should have read it back sorry but that adapter your showing will that work with 2012 tacoma it says 13 tacoma. Also what do you think of jensen brand.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I would say that you should check some more of the forum their r allot more threds that show other builds like the one I did on my truck also a 2012 Tacoma like u have and you can search my posts and see what I did and othes like me to have put systems in they're trucks and there are a lot of places to get good info like here and Crutchfield and other places I don't know much about Jensen but I use Sony and Kenwood and eclipse in the past with good sound and make sure u use sound deadening and good wires and stuff good luck with u r build this site will cost u allot haha
Old 03-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
polox40 is on a distinguished road
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
If i was installing a new HU now, I wouldnt bother with navigation. Google maps with live traffic is pretty good around here with my iphone, of course I live in a metropolitan area. Updating the maps in my eclipse is a pain and you have to buy them, Bluetooth is all I would get.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
volkey is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
volkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by polox40 View Post
If i was installing a new HU now, I wouldnt bother with navigation. Google maps with live traffic is pretty good around here with my iphone, of course I live in a metropolitan area. Updating the maps in my eclipse is a pain and you have to buy them, Bluetooth is all I would get.
This is the exact reason I'm looking at the Sony 601bt or 701hd, or any other HU that is available with Mirror Link. It connects to the phone and uses google maps/nav right on the screen.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
polox40 is on a distinguished road
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkey View Post
This is the exact reason I'm looking at the Sony 601bt or 701hd, or any other HU that is available with Mirror Link. It connects to the phone and uses google maps/nav right on the screen.
Nice!! I was sure that that would be available one day, is OTA or plug-in?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
volkey is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
volkey's Tacoma Gallery
Plugs in via USB cable.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
bgibbon's Tacoma Gallery
hi i have another question i am looking at a Kenwood eXcelon DNX9990HD. My question is where do i hookup the brake wire if i buy this or is this a unit that i can just ground it and it will work or do i need a bypass any help would be great thanks