Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Subwoofer options for 1st gen Double Cab?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Subwoofer options for 1st gen Double Cab?

I have an 03 Double Cab and I am wanting to add a sub to fill in some of the lacking low end. Nothing crazy and I am not looking to win an SPL competition, just want to add a good tight punch.

The limitations: I want to keep the latch system intact at least on one seat so I can put my daughters car seat in easily. Also, I still want to fit 2 adults in the back without having to remove the sub.

Anyone done something like this? Pics would be great. Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
RadoTaco01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shawzee
RadoTaco01's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a "all in one" amp/sub combo. Link below. Haven't had time to install it yet, but fits behind the back driver side seat, I removed the plastic from the seat back. Will update with how it is. I'm not looking for anything special, just wanted to fill the low end void. Maybe this will help. Good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Astraa70 is on a distinguished road
Astraa70's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this sub box http://www.supercrewsound.com/04tacomadbldual.html

I had to use a very shallow mount sub to have the room. I endedup with some Hertz 8" subs that sound pretty good. Not tons of bass but def fills the truck. Rear seats are still fully functional. You almost dont know that there is a box back there. I had to remove the plastic covers on the back of the seats to provide the clearence needed. Hope this helps GL.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadoTaco01 View Post
I just got a "all in one" amp/sub combo. Link below. Haven't had time to install it yet, but fits behind the back driver side seat, I removed the plastic from the seat back. Will update with how it is. I'm not looking for anything special, just wanted to fill the low end void. Maybe this will help. Good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, I was looking at the Kicker Hideaway sub (http://www.kicker.com/hideaway) but I am hesitant to drop $300 without being able to hear it first. Let me know how yours works out.
I would ideally like a single 10" sub. I was thinking maybe a console enclosure that fit between the center console in the front and the rear seats (so it took up all the floor space in the middle there, but left room for people on both sides). Anyone done something like that?

Products Discussed in this Thread