LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

What makes a good speaker?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #21
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
The best 5 channel amp I've found for the price is the Alpine PDX V9. I just got one (it's on the way now). Small, great power on the sub channel, all cables/wires on one side, and the tuning knobs are all on the other side. Great price too. I wanted another JL HD900/5 like the one I have in my Tacoma but I didn't have an extra $800 to drop on an amp lol
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #22
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
The best 5 channel amp I've found for the price is the Alpine PDX V9. I just got one (it's on the way now). Small, great power on the sub channel, all cables/wires on one side, and the tuning knobs are all on the other side. Great price too. I wanted another JL HD900/5 like the one I have in my Tacoma but I didn't have an extra $800 to drop on an amp lol
i'm not trying to spend 450-700 on an amp either! Found the kenwood for around 200 bucks. It pushes 4x40 and 1x300. I think I want more power to the door speakers so I may keep looking. I just can't make up my mind!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You're welcome...
http://www.12voltsavings.com/alpine-...plifier-pdxv9/
Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #24
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Quote:
245 for the V70 sounds pretty good to me. That v9 would probably blow up any sub I put in!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #25
Sounds Gooooood

Depends...if you try and exceed the 300watts on that amp by clipping it you'll blow up the sub MUCH sooner than you would on 500watts of clean power. The neat thing about the Alpine is even if you run a 2ohm or 4ohm speaker you get the same power. Makes it flexible for running different stuff down the road. That's why I got it. Can't wait till I get mine!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Depends...if you try and exceed the 300watts on that amp by clipping it you'll blow up the sub MUCH sooner than you would on 500watts of clean power. The neat thing about the Alpine is even if you run a 2ohm or 4ohm speaker you get the same power. Makes it flexible for running different stuff down the road. That's why I got it. Can't wait till I get mine!
Sub I have and ones I've been looking at are 250 rms 4ohm so I figured i'd be good with that but I don't know Jack about stereo's!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #27
00boozy is on a distinguished road
00boozy's Tacoma Gallery
I DONT KNOW IF YOU BOUGHT SPEAKERS YET BUT YOU SHOULD TRY A COMPANY CALLED HYBRID AUDIO. THEY MAKE A 6X9 COMPONENT SET. YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO MAKE A SPEAKER PLATE BECAUSE TACOS HAVE AN ODD SHAPED SPEAKER IN THE FRONT. YES THE TRUCK HAS 6X9 IN IT ALREADY BUT WHEN U REPLACE THEN THERE WILL BE SMALL GAPS BETWEEN TEH SPEAKER AND THE DOOR. YOU COULD ALSO DO THE 6.5 IN THE COAX IN THE BACK AND DO A DECENT SUB LIKE A JL 10W6. IT WILL SOUND CLEAN AND WONT ROCK THE WHOLE NEIGHBOR HOOD BUT IF ANYTHING DO 2 13 THIN MOUNTS FROM JL. JL ALSO MAKE A REALLY SMALL AMP THAT HAS A LOT OF PUNCH FOR THE SIZE. YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THEIR HD LINE OF AMPS. YES THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE BUT THIS SET WONT BREAK THE BANK AND EVERY TIME I DO THIS SET UP IN FRIENDS CARS THEY ALL LOVE IT
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00boozy View Post
I DONT KNOW IF YOU BOUGHT SPEAKERS YET BUT YOU SHOULD TRY A COMPANY CALLED HYBRID AUDIO. THEY MAKE A 6X9 COMPONENT SET. YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO MAKE A SPEAKER PLATE BECAUSE TACOS HAVE AN ODD SHAPED SPEAKER IN THE FRONT. YES THE TRUCK HAS 6X9 IN IT ALREADY BUT WHEN U REPLACE THEN THERE WILL BE SMALL GAPS BETWEEN TEH SPEAKER AND THE DOOR. YOU COULD ALSO DO THE 6.5 IN THE COAX IN THE BACK AND DO A DECENT SUB LIKE A JL 10W6. IT WILL SOUND CLEAN AND WONT ROCK THE WHOLE NEIGHBOR HOOD BUT IF ANYTHING DO 2 13 THIN MOUNTS FROM JL. JL ALSO MAKE A REALLY SMALL AMP THAT HAS A LOT OF PUNCH FOR THE SIZE. YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THEIR HD LINE OF AMPS. YES THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE BUT THIS SET WONT BREAK THE BANK AND EVERY TIME I DO THIS SET UP IN FRIENDS CARS THEY ALL LOVE IT
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!!!!! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG I PROMISE!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
Sounds Gooooood

Boozy.....Hybrid Audio and JL HD amps aren't what I'd consider to be a setup that "wont break the bank". Not by a long shot.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Boozy.....Hybrid Audio and JL HD amps aren't what I'd consider to be a setup that "wont break the bank". Not by a long shot.
Yea 4 hundy fiddy a piece for that slim mount JL sub, I don't think so! Apparently his bank roll is way bigger than mine!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #32
00boozy is on a distinguished road
00boozy's Tacoma Gallery
LOL... NO SORRY GUYS BUT I DIDNT BUY EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE AND I GET STEREO EQUIPMENT AT A BETTER PRICE THAN MOST.SORRY ABOUT YELLING BUT MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN ON MY COMPUTER
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #33
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL... NO SORRY GUYS BUT I DIDNT BUY EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE AND I GET STEREO EQUIPMENT AT A BETTER PRICE THAN MOST.SORRY ABOUT YELLING BUT MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN ON MY COMPUTER
Hold down shift when you type = no caps (if your caps key is stuck).
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #34
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Polk audio Pa D 5000.5 jbl ms62 c components speakers
Old 04-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #36
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
So i'm looking to add a component set to the front doors and probably some sort of midbass speaker to the rear doors. I'm sure this question has been answered at some point but I couldn't find a thread based on my search input. Question is what makes a good speaker? There are component sets anywhere from $50 all the way up to $4000 maybe more! I'm not trying to break the bank but I like a clean crisp sound. What should I look for in the makeup of a speaker I guess is my question so that I know i'm getting a good speaker. I'm not an audio guru but following threads posted by other members once I have all the parts that I want for a system I plan to install the system myself so I will be running new wire and connecting them to an amp.

Thanks,
For traffic purposes...
Damn you!

Off to the "downstairs" I go.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Damn you!

Off to the "downstairs" I go.
TMI

This thread can be closed.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #38
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
TMI

This thread can be closed.
What did you end up buying?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
What did you end up buying?
Polk Audio DXi6500
Old 04-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Polk Audio DXi6500
amp?