Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

AVIC-D3 Installed

Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #21
biorunner1 is on a distinguished road
biorunner1's Tacoma Gallery
Still Deciding

You make a good argument for the Pioneer. Also, went to look at both that one and the Kenwood. The Kenwood is more expensive because it has a motorized tilting screen. Is that something you could or could not see usefull? I mean is it really worth the extra $500.00. Im thinking not at this point. Also, the Kenwood is not at all user friendly. The Pioneer seems to a little easier to navigate.

Just a few more questions and Ill leave you alone. 1st how is the video quality when you play DVD's? Next, as I was mentioning in another thread I am pretty concerned about security. Is there something you can do to help deter theifs? I guess I could go with an alarm system but I still worry Ive been hit a few times before.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #22
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
well from what i know about the kenwood and the pioneer the Kenwood is Garmin driven which will add to the cost as well as like what you said the tilting screen the kenwood should have a small face below the screen that is detachable which will help agains thieves. The D3 is great for someone wanting Nav. on a budget not to say that 700-900 is cheap.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #23
caglezxj is on a distinguished road
caglezxj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biorunner1 View Post
You make a good argument for the Pioneer. Also, went to look at both that one and the Kenwood. The Kenwood is more expensive because it has a motorized tilting screen. Is that something you could or could not see usefull? I mean is it really worth the extra $500.00. Im thinking not at this point. Also, the Kenwood is not at all user friendly. The Pioneer seems to a little easier to navigate.

Just a few more questions and Ill leave you alone. 1st how is the video quality when you play DVD's? Next, as I was mentioning in another thread I am pretty concerned about security. Is there something you can do to help deter theifs? I guess I could go with an alarm system but I still worry Ive been hit a few times before.

An alarm system is the best bet. I have seen on the avic411.com site where people has taken old stereo faces and cut them to fit over the pioneer unit. It looks like a crappy old stock stereo if done right. I do not see that a tilting screen could be better or worse for a tacoma. Sometimes sun hits my screen and it makes it look dim, kinda like looking at a cell phone in the sun. But it does not matter how much you tilt it until you shade it. See what I am getting at. I have had pop up units before and they tilted. However it was useless. If a man wanted he could make a slick looking awning, lol to stick out from the dash on those brite sunny days when the sun hits the dash. But you will have that problem with anything you get.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHDEVIL View Post
well from what i know about the kenwood and the pioneer the Kenwood is Garmin driven which will add to the cost as well as like what you said the tilting screen the kenwood should have a small face below the screen that is detachable which will help agains thieves. The D3 is great for someone wanting Nav. on a budget not to say that 700-900 is cheap.
I would have paid 1500.00 for another brand if it could do the things the avic-d3 can. It plays divx or .avi files So instead of playing regular music files I download music videos. Also I download tv shows from a website and burn them and watch them on road trips. It is all in what you would like to have.Garmin is good but I have a garmin GPS with updated software and it still don't show my road. A buddy of mine got a new glass mount garmin gps. It is great but guess what it doesn't show my road. The Avic-d3 shows my road. Pioneer has up to date software and from what I have seen you can search the internet and find new updated downloads for free. Depends on how well you are with computers and searching the internet. Sounds like Pioneer needs to pay me to promote their units.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #25
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Yeah, I think you work for Pioneer. J/K

How is the video on that thing? I am looking at getting one for my wife's RAV4 since we take that on all the long trips, but she said she wants a go-kart for Christmas. I don't know what I am going to do.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #26
Are you married to a 7 year old? go cart? lmao. j/k the video is great and I am telling you me and my wife used to get angry and stressed out of directions. You will not do that any more.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #27
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by caglezxj View Post
Are you married to a 7 year old? go cart? lmao. j/k the video is great and I am telling you me and my wife used to get angry and stressed out of directions. You will not do that any more.
She was joking around with me, and now I won't let her live it down. I think it would be fun to build one over the winter and use it out on the trails and stuff. I don't have any money so neither the GPS nor the go-kart is a go right now.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #28
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
i have a friend on the Tacoma Board that has pioneer avic-f700bt and need to get the update but funds are tight. Is there anyone here that can help him? Pm me for his TW Name
Old 03-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #29
elliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to behold

elliott.estes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to elliott.estes
i have this installed in my truck as well. I installed my gps antenna on the passenger side behind the arm handle.. Or what ever you call it lol. It has great reception.