Originally Posted by 6spd
everything works minus the phone call buttons on the steering wheel as you would have to configure that through the stereo with your phone.
Originally Posted by 6spd
so I finally got this steering wheel adapter/control to work. I have it paired up with a pioneer 80prs and it had auto detected it right away. volume control works, and the search works(next track AND fast forward or reverse search during playback. no next folder advance or revert, since that is a pioneer thing [for thumb drives or ipods<--havent tested the ipod]).
for correct installation you will need this:
and this to replace the harness that came with the module noted above:
had I known this prior to installing the pioneer, it would have been nice. but I rest easy so far, that everything works as intended.
if you can install a stereo, you can definitely install this steering wheel control harness. just do it at the same time, so you only install it once.
Originally Posted by PVT Pablo
So I got it all hooked up, everything is good to go except the bluetooth buttons. The hangup/pickup buttons don't work, and the voice button just turns the volume down. All the other buttons work flawlessly.
It is strange however, my DVD fuction wont seem to work, I may have hooked up the E-Brake wire incorrectly, because other fuctions that need to have the e-brake connected, still work.
(by the way silversport, I like the "IAW" you used there
If you simply hooked up the aswc and use the default, then that is what you will get. push to talk becomes mute, on hook and off hook becomes next and previous.
You will need to reprogram the buttons to get the bluetooth and phone buttons to work. The reprogram instructions are in the aswc-1 manual.
There are 18 functions (listed in exact order) that you can assign to your steering wheel buttons. (you can see the first 8 functions are assigned to your 8 steering wheel buttons by default)
1. Volume Up
2. Volume Down
3. Seek Up/Next
4. Seek Down/Prev
7. Preset Up
8. Preset Down
12. PTT (Push To Talk)
13. On Hook
14. Off Hook
15. Fan Up
16. Fan Down
17. Temp Up
18. Temp Down
My 2010 steering wheel has 8 buttons, left side from top, vol up, vol down, up, down, mode, right side from top, on hook, off hook, push to talk.
The idea is to match the buttons to the functions.
The first 5 functions matches the first 5 buttons, but I wanted to assign function 13 to on hook button, 14 to off hook button and 12 to push to talk button.
Simply follow the instructions as stated in the manual. (my comments in parenthesis)
* If the ASWC has been in a vehicle before:
2) Press and hold the reset button down for more then 10 seconds.
3) After the 10 seconds the led will begin a slow constant flash.
4) At this point press and hold the Volume Up button on the steering wheel for 7 seconds until the led goes solid red. Now release the Volume Up button and the led goes off. Volume Up has now been programmed. (this is function #1)
5) Now press and hold the Volume Down button until the led goes solid red. Release the Volume Down button and the led goes off. Volume Down has now been programmed. (this is function #2. on my aswc, the led color is green).
6) At this point press and hold the next button on the steering wheel that corresponds with the programming list (see below). The chart below shows in what order the steering wheel control buttons need to be programmed in. (do this for functions 3,4,5, by pressing Up, Down and Mode buttons until led lights up correspondingly)
If the next function on the list is not on the steering wheel press and hold the Volume Up button for 1 second till the led comes on then release the button. This tells the ASWC that the function is not available and moves on to the next function.
Ok, this is the tricky part. Since we do not want functions 6-11, you then press and hold Volume up button until the led comes on 6 times to skip functions 6-11. Make sure to keep track of the function number. Once you are on function number 12, press the push to talk steering wheel button. Next function 13, press the On hook steering wheel button, then next function 14 press the off hook steering wheel button. At this point, you do not need to finish the rest, just press the volume up until led comes on and you are done.
I actually programmed my up/down steering wheel button to functions 7 and 8 instead of 3 and 4 so I can go through my FM radio presets instead of seeking up/down.
The push to talk button activates the "siri eyes free" function on my pioneer head unit. The on/off hook buttons can only pick up and hang up incoming calls (I have not tried to make outgoing calls yet).