Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2013 6.1 touch screen radio....Sat ready?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
MaxQ is on a distinguished road
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
2013 6.1 touch screen radio....Sat ready?

Hey guys, I am most likely going to purchase a 2013 Tacoma this week. Just going with the 4cyl 4x2 sr5 double cab. Now that comes with a nice touch screen radio but not with SiriusXM.
Do any of you know if the radio is Satellite ready? Meaning all I need is an antenna and subscription? Also, wondering if the sat antenna that comes from the factory is available for purchase?

TIA,
Max
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxQ View Post
Hey guys, I am most likely going to purchase a 2013 Tacoma this week. Just going with the 4cyl 4x2 sr5 double cab. Now that comes with a nice touch screen radio but not with SiriusXM.
Do any of you know if the radio is Satellite ready? Meaning all I need is an antenna and subscription? Also, wondering if the sat antenna that comes from the factory is available for purchase?

TIA,
Max

Isnt it already hooked up? I got a base model, and it came with XM. Is there a shark fin on the roof?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
no shark fin on roof. I didn't know they had it stock like that. I haven't seen it like that.
Here is the radio specs
Radio: AM/FM/CD w/6 Speakers
Includes display audio 6.1" touch-screen, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, USB port with iPod connectivity and control and hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology.

Even on Toyota's website when I build my truck I cant get the SiriusXM. Considering purchasing from Carsdirect.com because the price is lower than the dealers. $24,891 before T&L
Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the dealer today. The 2013 touch screen radio is NOT SiriusXM ready.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
The radio sucks too! No power and you can't upgrade it.

I replaced it with an aftermarket Alpine unit and it's amazing how bad the stock one sounded!

Quote:
Went to the dealer today. The 2013 touch screen radio is NOT SiriusXM ready.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch97 View Post
The radio sucks too! No power and you can't upgrade it.

I replaced it with an aftermarket Alpine unit and it's amazing how bad the stock one sounded!
Fletch,
Did you buy the Alpine INE-Z928HD? $1500 at crutchfield.com Also, did you install yourself?
I read that reviews about USB and backup cam issues. Any problems with yours?

Toyota really is missing the mark here. Apparently you can only have satellite radio if you purchase the V6 truck with Nav. $1700 upgrade gee that makes sense.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, see my post here....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...o-install.html
(I didn't buy it from Crutchfield and spent a lot less then $1500 for it!)

I don't use the backup cam but the usb works just fine with the purchase of the adapter.

All noted in the post I linked above.

Quote:
Fletch,
Did you buy the Alpine INE-Z928HD? $1500 at crutchfield.com Also, did you install yourself?
I read that reviews about USB and backup cam issues. Any problems with yours?

Toyota really is missing the mark here. Apparently you can only have satellite radio if you purchase the V6 truck with Nav. $1700 upgrade gee that makes sense.