Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Cheap Navigation System

Old 08-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Stillerboy is on a distinguished road
Stillerboy's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap Navigation System

I am looking for an in dash nav system that is good quality for under a 1000. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked out crutchfield.com yet?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
I have checked out crutchfield and don't know what I should be looking for. I would like a system with a good Ipod interface because I hate driving while trying to change my music on my Ipod.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Try calling their customer service up, they're usually pretty helpful.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
TJOPILOT will become famous soon enough
TJOPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Eclipse Avn5500

Hey Stillerman, here is my new toy. Go to EBAY and type in Eclipse AVN5500. Go to the one for $699. That is the best price I could find. I also got the IPOD adapter for $50 shipped on EBAY. The Eclipse is pretty much plug and play. I always heard that they made the Toyota radio and that is why there is no harness to screw around with. It had GPS/IPOD/DVD.

Before:

After:

Old 08-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
for the 5500 do you always have to keep a gps cd in the system in order to use the gps?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a Garmin 60csx instead
Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
caglezxj is on a distinguished road
caglezxj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillerboy View Post
I am looking for an in dash nav system that is good quality for under a 1000. Anyone have any recommendations?
go to www.powersellersnyc.com

they sell the pioneer avic-d3 for 699.00. They are authorized to sell for pioneer. check my thread I started. It has one of the best i-pod interface with much more. you can listen to music and watch the navigation. It plays DIVX avi cd-r dvd + and - r and much much more. you can also put personal pictures on the background. DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY. you get no warranty and when you spend 700.00 you will won't a warranty. I purchased a 4 year warranty for mine for 99.00 and it was still 100.00 cheaper than crutchfield. Then I ordered my installation kit from crutchfield. Get the wiring harness as well. Easy install. Check out AVIC411.com forum just for the avic units.

good luck.