Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Backup camera help

Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Backup camera help

I just got the pioneer avh-x5500bhs and a backup cam. I am miffed on how to hook into reverse. I have a purple/black stripe wire from the head unit marked reverse gear but no clue where to hook it. 2007 manual trans if that helps
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
matadorCE is on a distinguished road
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
Do a search and you'll find pictures of where to hook up the reverse signal wire. On the 6-speed manual, the signal will just be when the back-up lights turn on and if I remember correctly from doing my stereo install a couple of months ago the wire that you have to tap into is down on the footwell.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
baldy54 is on a distinguished road
baldy54's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the thread I started. I had the same question and the answer is there.. Along with pictures to show you where and what wire.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
This wire probably wants the + from your reverse light. I did an Alpine install in a GMC and I ran a power wire from the reverse + going to the tail light assembly up to the Alpine's reverse wire. I supplied power to his aftermarket camera at the same point by the tail light assembly so that it is not powered on all of the time.