Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Entune stereo turns itself on and off by itself

Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Entune stereo turns itself on and off by itself

Anyone else have this problem?I have a 2013 Tacoma with the entune radio and JBL speakers, occasionally it will turn itself off then back on again.I had an automatic headlight kit installed about a month ago,I don't think that has anything to do with it,but,I hope Toyota don't try to blame that for this weird problem, anyone else experience this? thoughts?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
scratch is on a distinguished road

scratch's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my 2013 with entune for a few days now (totally stock) and notice that happening during my test drive. If I pull up somewhere and stop and then turn on the headlights, about 1 in 5 times the radio would turn off. I have the tow package so it already has the larger alternator and battery. i haven't been able to get it to shutdown on me since the test drive, but I'll sub and post if I can track it down further.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
okay keep me posted.I have the tow package too.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
TacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frankie
TacoTronics's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to find info on this. My 2014 did it for the first 2 weeks then stopped for 2 months and just started back today.... super annoying. Help please
Old 11-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
Ceebs is on a distinguished road

Ceebs's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2014 sport. Radio shuts off when my phone is connected by Bluetooth and a text message comes thru. Have an appt. with dealer in two weeks
Old 11-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
My 2009 non-Entune did that AND would spontaneously change stations, show weird text (like on the Predator's gauntlet thingy), and when I went to have it replaced, it spontaneously barfed out the CD right when I pulled into the dealership.

Not the same radio, I know. Just info.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
<---this guy
jmaack is on a distinguished road
jmaack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceebs View Post
I have a 2014 sport. Radio shuts off when my phone is connected by Bluetooth and a text message comes thru. Have an appt. with dealer in two weeks
This is what mine is doing also. Getting a little tired of it.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #8
TacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frankie
TacoTronics's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere that it has to do with having to download too much data from your phone ie. call history and text messages. I deleted all my texts and call history and it quit doing it.