Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

uneven sound-wiring help

Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
uneven sound-wiring help

a while back when i wrapped up my stereo install, i had a stereo shop do the amp install as i was frustrated with the problems i was having, now today when i drove it (first time in a month) i noticed that the sound is unbalanced and i hear the music in one ear at a time depending which seat im sitting in...

stereo is kenwood double din, alpine power pack (bridged into 2ch mode), and fosgate punch 6.5 components.

i assume the shop who finished the install connected the wrong wires on the factory tweeter input/wiring causing one side(driver / passenger) to be wired positive while the other is negative.

i have yet to pull the panels, but could anyone tell me which wires i need to connect where the factory tweeter plug was(had 4 wires)

i will get pictures tomorrow as this was a late night thought and now i cant sleep since it is bugging me ha
Old 03-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
This is the wiring for a 2013. I believe its the same on your truck (2011) but I could be wrong. Somebody else chime in if they know for sure.

Front Left = Pink (+) & Purple (-)
Front Right = Green (+) & Blue (-)
Rear Left = Red (+) & White (-)
Rear Right = Red (+) & White (-)

You might look at this if its just your tweeters acting all funky. Its an article about wiring crossovers. Hope its helpful!