Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Subwoofer recommendations

Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Bowfisher1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
Bowfisher1's Tacoma Gallery
Subwoofer recommendations

I have been trying to figure out what the best subwoofer to go behind the backseat of my 2007 Tacoma I may or may not get a ported box it just depends on what I get. I am probably going to get two 10's but I might get two 8's it just depends. I am going for sound quality not SPL. Any recommendations or reviews would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at memphis audio M-class shallow mount 10's.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
id contact the forum guru Mr.Marv

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-tutorial.html
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
You cant go wrong with alpine type R
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
X2 on contacting Mr Marv.

I have one of these 10" JL Audio subs in my double cab and I love it. I can only imagine if I had two of them...
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
You know what would be killer is two of these 8's in a 1.5 cubic foot box tuned to like 29hz. Use a 4" port. It would KILL and would sound fantastic. The enclosure models I've done look great. FR is very flat and the F3 is extremely low. I'm thinking about using two in my RX7.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-920

Here's the model.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
I just added one of these in my double cab and it rocks.

http://www.emfcaraudio.com/sundown-audio-sd2-10-dual-4/

Paired it with this box. Fit was perfect. I'm about to add another to it but one is really enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-T-05-2013-...item19d9a6e25f
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Does anybody know what the max air space per chamber I could get behind the seat would be
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfisher1 View Post
Does anybody know what the max air space per chamber I could get behind the seat would be
Behind the back seat of a double cab is about .8 per chamber.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
How do y'all thin two of these (the 10's and one on each side of the cab) in a ported box would sound? http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ce-subwoofers/
Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
once funds are available, I am going to get two sundown sd 10s in a mr marv box in my dcsb. powered by a zed leviathan
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
How do y'all think 4 (2 on each side of the cab) sundown sd-2 8d2's would sound in a sealed box? For SQ and loudness. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.ph...?category_id=2

Or maybe two (1 on each side) sundown sd-2 10d2 in a sealed box. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.ph...?category_id=2

Or maybe two (1 on each side) memphis 15-mr10d4 in a ported box. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ce-subwoofers/

Or maybe two ( 1 on each side) memphis MCR8D4's in a seald box. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ss-subwoofers/

These are pretty much what I have narrowed it down to. Please pick which set up you think would be the loudest and then pick which one would have the best sound quility and then pick which one has the most of both. Please help me choose!

(All of the above set ups made to run above 2ohms will be wired down to 2ohms)
Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
MaloneS is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
MaloneS's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the JLAudio stealth box which only takes half of the space, not compromising the whole area behind the rear seats (has 2 10" subswoofs). They make them specifically for the Tacoma and they make another that take out the center console (12"); but take out the space for the center console and faces towards the rear (kinda weird looking), but works. Looking at Audio reviews the JL's and Alpines are top. JL I think has some type of frequency adapting speakers due to their technology. Not sure about the Alpines, though ratings show them to be good.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Alpine Type-R 12 shallow in a 3/4 inch MDF box behind my rear seats. Seats fold up and down just fine, hits great, highly suggest this sub.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
I hear a lot of good things about alpine sometimes..... But the bad things I've heard out weigh the good. Not to down anybody's woofers or anything but I don't really trust them.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I just have one JL 8" W3. Good enough for me. Coming from 12's in my last vehicle I was impressed with the output of this for what it is.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hear a lot of good things about alpine sometimes..... But the bad things I've heard out weigh the good. Not to down anybody's woofers or anything but I don't really trust them.
Hey now... you have to be careful talking about a mans woofers like that... LOL
Old 03-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats the 'bad' you have heard about them? Only thing I ever see is them being blown up due to dumbasses who think the gain on an amp is volume knob and no nothing about tuning. Been beating the hell out of mine for a year now, not a single issue. I've ran plenty of type-r's, never once had issues with a single one.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
Quote:
How do y'all think 4 (2 on each side of the cab) sundown sd-2 8d2's would sound in a sealed box? For SQ and loudness. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.ph...?category_id=2

Or maybe two (1 on each side) sundown sd-2 10d2 in a sealed box. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.ph...?category_id=2

Or maybe two (1 on each side) memphis 15-mr10d4 in a ported box. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ce-subwoofers/

Or maybe two ( 1 on each side) memphis MCR8D4's in a seald box. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ss-subwoofers/

These are pretty much what I have narrowed it down to. Please pick which set up you think would be the loudest and then pick which one would have the best sound quility and then pick which one has the most of both. Please help me choose!

(All of the above set ups made to run above 2ohms will be wired down to 2ohms)
Yeah tell me about it.... But in all serious ness y'all please take your picks on these. These are the set ups I am most likely to go with! Unless I hear somebody's and I just absolutely love it.