1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 tacoma access cab stereo upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tstout23, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mar 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    tstout23

tstout23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 access cab sr5 4x4
    i havent even had my truck a week and i have to already upgrade the stereo. i have a black 2013 access cab 4x4. to be flat out honest, the non-entune stereo is pretty horrible. im coming from a rsx type s with a factory bose stereo. im not looking for anything crazy, just a simple stereo setup that has sounds good.
    i plan on building a down-firing box in the rear passenger floorboard wrapped in black carpet to match the truck. im still undecided on where to mount the amp. im undecided on dash kit as well as i have no knowledge of which ones are the best. i will update with pics as this goes forward. im just waiting on the parts to arrive.

pioneer avic x940bt
    alpine 6.5" component set
    alpine mrpf300 amp
    jbl 8" sub
    8 gauge amp wiring kit

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. Apr 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    tstout23

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 access cab sr5 4x4
  3. Apr 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    A lot of the Alpine guys install inder the seat. they have a small enough foot print to do so.

4. Apr 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Looks like a nice set-up, interested in seeing the install w sub-box. I will be installing mine in a couple of weeks once everything arrives.

5. May 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Any update? Interested to see amp and sub placement.

6. May 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    How's the install going? making any progress?

7. May 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    tstout23

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 access cab sr5 4x4
    i just got the head unit install finished. there were a few speed bumps along the way of not having the proper information, parts, and time to actually work on it. instead of ordering the scosche or metra dash kit, i opted for the american international kit that was just released for the 2013 tacomas. it came in matte black and the fit is spot on. i decided to add the axxess aswc-1 to keep my factory steering wheel controls functional. the sound is a lot better just by switching out the factory head unit. i sold the 6.5 component set and decided to go with jbl 6x9's. they should be here in a few weeks hopefully as i ordered them off Amazon and wasnt paying attention and they were backordered. i really want to add the amp and sub but space is a concern and i am having second thoughts. ill take some pics and post them in here soon

8. Dec 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    cjcold

cjcold Active Member

Member:
    I'm on my second tacoma. First was 1999 that I bought new and modded with pretty much everything at one time or another for 14 years. Toyota bought it back due to frame rust. New tacoma is exact same truck down to the black color with alpine nav/dvd, tint, de-badged, and softopper, so far.
    Unfortunately, the MTX Thunderform sub (100 watts into 10") from my 1999 reg. cab wouldn't fit in my 2013 reg. cab so I went with a Kicker Hideaway sub (150 watts into 8") and it sounds great without taking hardly any, otherwise usable, space.

9. Dec 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    20TacomaTRD06

20TacomaTRD06 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SR5 4X4
    I just purchased that same amp. I have the 06 access cab and I put mine under the driver seat. It will not fit under the passenger seat. Only issue I had was the amp interferes with the rear floor mat just a few inches. So I may just tri me floor mat or something. Doesn't hit the seat at all though.

10. Dec 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    Papa K

Papa K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 4 cyl
    subb'd for dash-kit info.....

Did the amp arrive and get mounted?

Products Discussed in

To Top