Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Raamat

Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Bowfisher1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
Bowfisher1's Tacoma Gallery
Raamat

Has any body used raamat? I have been thinking about doing the doors and behind the backseat in my 2007 Tacoma double cab. I want to keep down road noise because I have mud tires and I want better acoustics I figured I would do these parts because that will be where speakers will be. How many feet would I need to do this?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
His name is Rick.

And his service is top notch. More importantly the Raammat and Ensolite he sells is fantastic.

I did both door panels (I have a 1st gen extra cab), strategic places in the rear quarter panel and the entire rear wall and it did help a lot in cutting down the road noise. More importantly the front speakers sound amazing now.

He has detailed step-by-step instructions on where and how much material to place. Call him and he'll even talk you through your 2nd gen for you.

This is the package I bought: http://www.raamaudio.com/package-1-2...-41-625-sq-ft/

I still have a sheet or two of the raammat and some of the ensolite left over. I'll need to order more of the mat eventually because I'm going to put a subwoofer in the rear cubby.

After shipping and the TW discount it came to $130 or so. And it showed up at my door two days later.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
fejus is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
fejus's Tacoma Gallery
It is awesome!! Rick is awesome to deal with as well!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i used the 1.5 basic plus kit of raamat and ensolite on my double cab.
did not know about the discount offered for TW, but it was still very affordable.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
i used the 1.5 basic plus kit of raamat and ensolite on my double cab.
did not know about the discount offered for TW, but it was still very affordable.

What did you have enough to do?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfisher1 View Post
What did you have enough to do?
(everything mentioned is just raamat, i had enough ensolite to cover all of the raamat with some left over)

double layered back wall
Floor/cubby area under rear seat
Floor under Front seats (not much is needed as theres factory deadening)
Floor under where your feet are at
Front doors: outter skin fully, inner skin fully
Rear Doors: Outer skin fully, inner skin 1/2 coverage(no speakers in the rear doors, didnt need much)

basically the only thing not covered is the roof, and if i had covered the roof, i would just cover portions as to just dampen vibrations
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #8
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejus View Post
It is awesome!! Rick is awesome to deal with as well!
x2!!!!! I'm so glad I did this when I installed my audio system!!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-products.html
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
So I've been hearing from some people that I should do the whole cab room and all what do y'all think?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfisher1 View Post
So I've been hearing from some people that I should do the whole cab room and all what do y'all think?
what are your goals?
minimum i would do is back wall and doors. that alone should be good enough for most people imo
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
what are your goals?
minimum i would do is back wall and doors. that alone should be good enough for most people imo
Well I've got mud tires so to start with I want to really cut down on road noise plus up my acoustics and cut down on as much rattling as possible.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
His name is Rick.

And his service is top notch. More importantly the Raammat and Ensolite he sells is fantastic.

I did both door panels (I have a 1st gen extra cab), strategic places in the rear quarter panel and the entire rear wall and it did help a lot in cutting down the road noise. More importantly the front speakers sound amazing now.

He has detailed step-by-step instructions on where and how much material to place. Call him and he'll even talk you through your 2nd gen for you.

This is the package I bought: http://www.raamaudio.com/package-1-2...-41-625-sq-ft/

I still have a sheet or two of the raammat and some of the ensolite left over. I'll need to order more of the mat eventually because I'm going to put a subwoofer in the rear cubby.

After shipping and the TW discount it came to $130 or so. And it showed up at my door two days later.
This.. Did my entire truck with it, doors, floor, inside doors, back wall x2, used insolite on all of it, best money spent for my truck so far.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
Is there any sound deadening stock in a Tacoma double cab?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how well the advice I received translates to a 2nd gen but doing the floor and head liner in raamat yields very little gain for the money/effort.

If you really want to go to higher levels than "what's good enough for most people" then go with a mass loaded vinyl material for the floor.