Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
How do I add a MP3 connection to the stock AM-FM-CD

I have a 2007 D Cab -Thanks Rich
Old 08-28-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
scutch10 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 1 Comm Sq.
scutch10's Tacoma Gallery
With or without JBL System : http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RnWZ28l...50&I=541ISAS71.

I'm sure there are others ways this is just the first place I looked. Hope it helps.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdongal View Post
USA SPEC TOY, look it up on crutchfield, $70, works a treat.
Looked more like $169 when I searched for it there. How about a link to where you saw it for $70?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
I think because it is the factory one, that will be the price. That one is supposed to be made for it?-Rich
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
tigerdongal is on a distinguished road
tigerdongal's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZfO2jY3...asp?i=581DFTOY

Seems like they dont have it anymore. For $200 for the other setup I'd look into getting a new head unit.

The USA SPEC is available on E bay normally too.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been waiting 4 weeks for the warehouse to get my USA SPEC in stock. They seem to be very hard to find. I only have a few more days to wait though. I think i payed around $80 for mine.

Ted
Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Teknishun is on a distinguished road
Teknishun's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Teknishun Send a message via MSN to Teknishun Send a message via Yahoo to Teknishun
This thread may help as well. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...od-hookup.html
Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #9
TTU Ryan is on a distinguished road
TTU Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Clarification for pricing

Just to clarify. There are 2 USA spec products (which are all hard to find)

1. about $80 which connects to your ipod through the headphone jack. Doesnt charge your ipod.
2. about $160 which connects to you ipod through the multi-pin dock connector. Charges your ipod.

Ryan
Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Stereo non-jbl. I wanted something cheap and easy and pie was 80$ and usaspec was 130$. So iwent metra which was 49.99$ at curcuity city.http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Metra...Detail.do#tabs works on my so easily. just plug in a ago. No stereo control on the main interface. So I got a Ipod jack/ aux plug =]/ pretty niffy
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #12
marvin02 is on a distinguished road

marvin02's Tacoma Gallery
I went into the local Circuit City (Hobart, Ind. - USA) looking for the Metra and they had the USA Spec DF-Toy on clearance for $18. It is this one that has the two generic aux. inputs and no IPod specific connection. This is just what I needed.

I don't know if the clearance price applies at all Circuit City locations.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #15
marvin02 is on a distinguished road

marvin02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
By the way...welcome to TW, Marvin!
Thanks!

The install of the DF-Toy took about 30 minutes. I took the easy way out and just screwed DF-Toy to the right side of the console. Click on the thumbs below to see a larger pic.

I dropped one of the screws that hold in the head unit behind the dash and had to use a magnet to fish it out or it would have taken even less time. I have a Sansa mp3 player and it works great. The volume has to be set slightly louder with the mp3 player than with the CD or radio playing, but not so much that it will blow you out of the truck if you forget to turn it down when you switch.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
healthylaugh is on a distinguished road
healthylaugh's Tacoma Gallery
tracking down the item at Circuit City...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
I went into the local Circuit City (Hobart, Ind. - USA) looking for the Metra and they had the USA Spec DF-Toy on clearance for $18. It is this one that has the two generic aux. inputs and no IPod specific connection. This is just what I needed.

I don't know if the clearance price applies at all Circuit City locations.
Marvin, good score!

Would you be kind enough to post the Circuit City SKU # please and PM me as well?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #17
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
Thanks!

The install of the DF-Toy took about 30 minutes. I took the easy way out and just screwed DF-Toy to the right side of the console. Click on the thumbs below to see a larger pic.

I dropped one of the screws that hold in the head unit behind the dash and had to use a magnet to fish it out or it would have taken even less time. I have a Sansa mp3 player and it works great. The volume has to be set slightly louder with the mp3 player than with the CD or radio playing, but not so much that it will blow you out of the truck if you forget to turn it down when you switch.
Nice install man. I have one exactly like that. I have mine under the seat. That thing kinda sticks out if you mount it anywhere else IMO. You think they would have a nicer case for it. I might get creative and take it apart and mount the inputs on the dash somewhere. Just food for thought.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #18
healthylaugh is on a distinguished road
healthylaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
Nice install man. I have one exactly like that. I have mine under the seat. That thing kinda sticks out if you mount it anywhere else IMO. You think they would have a nicer case for it. I might get creative and take it apart and mount the inputs on the dash somewhere. Just food for thought.
Did you screw it in under the seat or just let it float there?

I'm assuming that the factory harness was long enough to reach from the back of the head unit, along the center console (inside?) and come out on the floor under the seat?

How long is the harness?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #19
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Oh i just let it float under there. It doesn't go anywhere at all. The harness itself is defiantly long enough to run it all the way under the drivers seat. I just fed it under the center console. The only way you know its even there is the 3.5mm cable that I have running to my mp3 player.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #20
Taco-Jenn/FJ-Kyle is on a distinguished road

Taco-Jenn/FJ-Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
See this Thread on the Grom Audio Ipod Interface.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...tall-pics.html