1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub box for the 60 side of the rear seats?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by iJDub, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Mar 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    iJDub

iJDub [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looking for a box that is designed for a 10" sub AND a amp behind the passenger side of the rear seat (the 60 split) for 06 double cab.

2. Mar 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I don't think anyone mass manufactures a box like this (not sure why myself). You could go custom (Mr. Marv), or do what I did and buy a double sub box from eBay, Amazon, Soundoffaudio, or Supercrewsound. Then cut off one of the sub boxes, leaving one sub box and the amp board.

Which sub box you cut off is up to you. If you cut off the driver's side box, the sub is in the corner and the board is in the middle. If you cut off the passenger side box, the amp board is in the corner and the sub is in the middle (what I did).

After the one sub box is cut off, you can sand down and finish the wood cut however, or if, you like. I cut some extra felt material around the cut off box and used that and some upholstery adhesive to finish off the cut.

BTW, I then sold the cutoff box for $40 to a local person. I paid $130 shipped for the double box, then sold the left over for $40, so $90 for the box. The box quality is not up to the quality of a MrMarv box, but it is sufficient for me.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top