Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sub box for the 60 side of the rear seats?

Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Sub box for the 60 side of the rear seats?

Looking for a box that is designed for a 10" sub AND a amp behind the passenger side of the rear seat (the 60 split) for 06 double cab.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think anyone mass manufactures a box like this (not sure why myself). You could go custom (Mr. Marv), or do what I did and buy a double sub box from eBay, Amazon, Soundoffaudio, or Supercrewsound. Then cut off one of the sub boxes, leaving one sub box and the amp board.

Which sub box you cut off is up to you. If you cut off the driver's side box, the sub is in the corner and the board is in the middle. If you cut off the passenger side box, the amp board is in the corner and the sub is in the middle (what I did).

After the one sub box is cut off, you can sand down and finish the wood cut however, or if, you like. I cut some extra felt material around the cut off box and used that and some upholstery adhesive to finish off the cut.

BTW, I then sold the cutoff box for $40 to a local person. I paid $130 shipped for the double box, then sold the left over for $40, so $90 for the box. The box quality is not up to the quality of a MrMarv box, but it is sufficient for me.