Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Recommendations for upgrading 2006 DC sound system

Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations for upgrading 2006 DC sound system

I just bought my Tacoma used and for some reason it is missing the front 6.5's and tweeters, no idea why lol.

Anyways, Im mainly looking to get good quality sound at a moderately enjoyable sound level. I dont need to be knocking windows down the block, just loud enough for in enjoyable cab listening.
And while im at it I will likely upgrade the rear speakers as well if its recommended.

Id like to use Pandora from my Android with bluetooth and thats all I really need I think, so I can stick to a single DIN head unit. I know if i didnt want Pandora i could probably stay with stock head unit. If theres a good double din back up camera capable unit for a reasonable price I might be convinced to dive for that :P

I'd like to keep it reasonable on the price, probably no more than $400.
Im a good-shopper so if its a bit more than that its ok cuz ill find deals.

What would you recommend for my situation?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like Rockford Fosgate and Focal speakers, Focal makes a wide variety of speakers from Professional 2,000 dollars a pair to cheap ok shit at like 149 a pair. If youre just looking to get the speakers all upgraded make sure you keep it on brand. I cant remember what double din i have but its from pioneer and i love it, Just adding the double din make all my stock speakers sound better, Go to a good audio shop in the area and usually they have some pretty knowledgable dudes there to help you out. Focal i know is one of the best though.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
I personally like Rockford Fosgate and Focal speakers, Focal makes a wide variety of speakers from Professional 2,000 dollars a pair to cheap ok shit at like 149 a pair. If youre just looking to get the speakers all upgraded make sure you keep it on brand. I cant remember what double din i have but its from pioneer and i love it, Just adding the double din make all my stock speakers sound better, Go to a good audio shop in the area and usually they have some pretty knowledgable dudes there to help you out. Focal i know is one of the best though.
Focals FTW! Some of the best audio I've ever heard out of a speaker in my life comes from Focal. I run the Focal V30 anniversary edition and they are fantastic!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Will I need to run any new wiring or is it pretty much plug and play?