1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USB problems

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 07TacoRidah, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mar 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    I have a Pioneer DEH-5000UB

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-P5000UB

used to plug up my Nokia Node E73 to it for charging and MP3's on it. Kept on getting this message on the h.u. after a while of plugging up (Error - 19). So then I stopped and got myself a USB flash card reader from Fry's. Which was about maybe a month or two ago, WORKED GREAT ... until yesterday. I started to get the same message again (Error - 19). Tested the USB card reader and it doesn't even read ANY CARD (it says 5 in 1 but so far I have only used my Micro SD and a DLSR SD card in it - tried BOTH yesterday and NOTHING). I tested both cards - one via my cell to comp, WORKED. DSLR card, on my moms card reader WORKED.

Is my USB cord from the h.u. causing problems? The USB card reader died oddly yesterday. One minute I'm playing music fine like I usually do, and then within maybe 5 minutes of music it goes dead and I get the Error - 19 message on the h.u. Although this h.u. is fairly old, it still works like new imo. I baby it and ONLY use the remote. I sweat from time to time so I don't like putting finger prints all over it or the dash ... or pretty much anything in my truck.

2. Mar 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    what does it say in the manual about the error message 19?

3. Mar 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    The manual doesn't list error 19, you'd have to call pioneer.. My GUESS is that your phone is requiring more amps to charge/connect than what the pionner deck is able to output. My avh3300bt won't play nice with a lot of external hard drives unless they are low powered. I'd call pionner and ask them what that code really means.

4. Mar 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    From a Pioneer manual:

Error-19

Cause - Communication Failure

Action - Perform one of the following operations

- Turn the ignition switch OFF and back ON
    - Disconnect or eject the external storage device
    - Change to a different source. Then, return to the USB or SD source.

What's the cause? Dunno, but I would suspect the USB cable first just because.

5. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    TreeFortRichard

TreeFortRichard Barcelona Red is the best red...

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    42.3115167,-71.6638516
    Vehicle:
    '23 SR5 DCSB 4x4 Barcelona Red
    some advice on that...I always use a usb extension cable for electronics with permanent usb connections...that way I always leave the cord plugged in and the extension cable bears the wear of all the insertion and removal cycles...

It's possible you damaged the usb port..

6. Mar 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    did some testing:

1. something is wrong with the card reader. plugged it up to my comp, comp knows it's there and shows up BUT when I have a card inserted into either port, the reader won't read it.

2. usb cord. when I was using my cell phone for music and charging, it was the usb cord. I tested it on my comp with my phone, and it wasn't working. I had a spare (one that I kept at the house and on my comp), used it and worked like nothing.

Question:
    I was speaking with my cousin about usb cords. he said that when using usb extensions, the current or what have you going through the usb cord will weaken. The usb extention that I was using is fairly long (not sure but it could be 6 ft.), could the pairing up with the h.u. usb be the cause of things? I want to unplug the h.u. extension and swap it for the usb cable that I was using (it has the plug for my phone), or is that a bad idea?

Products Discussed in

To Top