Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

USB problems

Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
USB problems

I have a Pioneer DEH-5000UB

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/DEH-P5000UB

used to plug up my Nokia Node E73 to it for charging and MP3's on it. Kept on getting this message on the h.u. after a while of plugging up (Error - 19). So then I stopped and got myself a USB flash card reader from Fry's. Which was about maybe a month or two ago, WORKED GREAT ... until yesterday. I started to get the same message again (Error - 19). Tested the USB card reader and it doesn't even read ANY CARD (it says 5 in 1 but so far I have only used my Micro SD and a DLSR SD card in it - tried BOTH yesterday and NOTHING). I tested both cards - one via my cell to comp, WORKED. DSLR card, on my moms card reader WORKED.

Is my USB cord from the h.u. causing problems? The USB card reader died oddly yesterday. One minute I'm playing music fine like I usually do, and then within maybe 5 minutes of music it goes dead and I get the Error - 19 message on the h.u. Although this h.u. is fairly old, it still works like new imo. I baby it and ONLY use the remote. I sweat from time to time so I don't like putting finger prints all over it or the dash ... or pretty much anything in my truck.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what does it say in the manual about the error message 19?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
The manual doesn't list error 19, you'd have to call pioneer.. My GUESS is that your phone is requiring more amps to charge/connect than what the pionner deck is able to output. My avh3300bt won't play nice with a lot of external hard drives unless they are low powered. I'd call pionner and ask them what that code really means.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
From a Pioneer manual:

Error-19

Cause - Communication Failure

Action - Perform one of the following operations

- Turn the ignition switch OFF and back ON
- Disconnect or eject the external storage device
- Change to a different source. Then, return to the USB or SD source.

What's the cause? Dunno, but I would suspect the USB cable first just because.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
some advice on that...I always use a usb extension cable for electronics with permanent usb connections...that way I always leave the cord plugged in and the extension cable bears the wear of all the insertion and removal cycles...

It's possible you damaged the usb port..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
did some testing:

1. something is wrong with the card reader. plugged it up to my comp, comp knows it's there and shows up BUT when I have a card inserted into either port, the reader won't read it.

2. usb cord. when I was using my cell phone for music and charging, it was the usb cord. I tested it on my comp with my phone, and it wasn't working. I had a spare (one that I kept at the house and on my comp), used it and worked like nothing.

Question:
I was speaking with my cousin about usb cords. he said that when using usb extensions, the current or what have you going through the usb cord will weaken. The usb extention that I was using is fairly long (not sure but it could be 6 ft.), could the pairing up with the h.u. usb be the cause of things? I want to unplug the h.u. extension and swap it for the usb cable that I was using (it has the plug for my phone), or is that a bad idea?