Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Looking for a single 10" box

Old 03-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Luke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Luke
Luke01's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a single 10" box

I am looking for a single 10" box for a 2012 Tacoma double cab or a way to add more power to the OEM that is in the truck. I am not looking for a ton of bass but just a bit more lower end then the truck has.

Any help would be great
Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
XFitCaveman is on a distinguished road
Name: Brendan
XFitCaveman's Tacoma Gallery
This is one of the decent looking boxes i've come across in my searches for a single 8" box over the past few days.

http://www.supercrewsound.com/05tacomadblsingle.html

also found this, but saw some negative feedback on this forum

http://shop.tacotunes.com/
Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
JL stealth box I think would be up your alley. Expensive as all JL's are, but they do sound really good.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Luke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant futureLuke01 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Luke01's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I will check into them all. I have the factory sub inthe truck but it has no balls. I was thinking about just upgrading the speaker and seeing if there is an amp attached to it and possibly replacing that as well. I am still good with ripping it out and dropping in a single 10 just not sure I need 2 10's in the cab
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke01 View Post
Thanks I will check into them all. I have the factory sub inthe truck but it has no balls. I was thinking about just upgrading the speaker and seeing if there is an amp attached to it and possibly replacing that as well. I am still good with ripping it out and dropping in a single 10 just not sure I need 2 10's in the cab
Don't bother trying to upgrade the speaker, it won't sound any better. You are better off ditching it and getting something better.

The nice thing about the stealth box is that it looks factory and it's great.

Bad thing about it, its expensive!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
EMS:
Luke01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Don't bother trying to upgrade the speaker, it won't sound any better. You are better off ditching it and getting something better.

The nice thing about the stealth box is that it looks factory and it's great.

Bad thing about it, its expensive!
Yep the bad part has me still looking. Thanks for the feed back on pulling the OEM one out.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I feel ya.. I wanted to do the same thing with mine for a temp solution as the 8inch sub in the JBL is worthless. Never found anything good so threw it all away.. Honestly the stock JBL system is garbage and a lot of low/mid range speakers blow them out of the water.. The HU is crap too lol..
Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
I might consider selling this side of my box if I don't decide to use it. Pm me if your interested. It's for one 10.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a single 10" box-image.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
I might consider selling this side of my box if I don't decide to use it. Pm me if your interested. It's for one 10.
How much?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #10
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a recommendation for a ten inch single sub? I have an alpine type r with 5 7/8" mount depth. Any input is appreciated
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked at this? I bet it works real well.
http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...uble-cab-12-up

Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Have you looked at this? I bet it works real well.
http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...uble-cab-12-up

Looks cool. I bet you could have box custom made, with speaker, amp, and install for the same amount as that box's price tag.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Taco View Post
Looks cool. I bet you could have box custom made, with speaker, amp, and install for the same amount as that box's price tag.
That is MSRP too, so figure you could get it for less if you don't buy directly from the manufacturer.

I haven't seen anyone do a box yet that didn't require any cutting of any of the plastic there. Also, most peoples boxes you remove the back panel completely as the MDF pieces are straight and cant mold in to that. This has been tuned and tested by JL so I would expect it to sound great with the amount of air volume and porting etc they have setup for that specific sub.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
That is MSRP too, so figure you could get it for less if you don't buy directly from the manufacturer.

I haven't seen anyone do a box yet that didn't require any cutting of any of the plastic there. Also, most peoples boxes you remove the back panel completely as the MDF pieces are straight and cant mold in to that. This has been tuned and tested by JL so I would expect it to sound great with the amount of air volume and porting etc they have setup for that specific sub.
I upgraded my stock sub , and I built a box for a 8" sub that drops in without any cutting or hacking .

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...deadening.html

I'm running 2- 8" subs and I'm pretty happy with it . But of you want that serious mirror vibrating bass you'll need to do some type of larger custom box or pay the price for the jl .
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #15
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna chime in with a question if you guys dont mind...
I recently acquired a 12" rockford punch that seems pretty deep. Without being able to give you the depth, do you think that this is something that would fit behind the rear seats? or is there a measurement you guys know of that you can fit max behind the doublecab seats?