Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Trouble with USB Input

Old 03-29-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
GRNWNV is on a distinguished road
GRNWNV's Tacoma Gallery
Trouble with USB Input

I picked up a 2013 Tacoma in December, and with about 12 000km on the odo with no problems!

With the exception of the USB input. I have a USB 3.0 64gb thumb drive with about 4500 songs or so. Every third song or so only plays for a few seconds, then it skips to the next track.

I have triple checked that the files are complete on the drive with no luck. Bit rates don't seem to matter, all tracks are MP3, and the drive is formatted to DOS-FAT32.

Anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening and/or a possible solution?

TIA!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I can think of is that the USB in the truck does not recognize USB 3
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWJ View Post
The only thing I can think of is that the USB in the truck does not recognize USB 3
This would be my best guess as well but I would want to think that the flash drive is backwards compatible. I'd try another flash drive (2.0) and see if it works.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Might need smaller drive and might need FAT16....
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
GRNWNV is on a distinguished road
GRNWNV's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it is a compatibility issue with the drive, as the majority of the tracks play.

I'll try reformatting in FAT 16 and see if that helps.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Mine, not oem - GROM, has to have at least 2 folders with mp3s in both and the stereo recognizes each folder as a disc. Dunno if that is the issue here tho. The other guess is that 64gb may be more than the stereo can keep track of. But with some tracks playing then skipping around, who knows. I think mine did something like that before but I just turned off stereo then removed the drive then put it back and pwrd stereo back on and it was OK.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
32Gb is about the largest stick my stereo will play with no issues.