Notices

Mount for my Android

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
TacoVerde742 is on a distinguished road

Name: Christian
TacoVerde742's Tacoma Gallery
Mount for my Android

So, here's a post that I've searched for on TW but could not find. I'm looking for a cell phone mount that I can put in my '13 Tacoma. I don't want something permanent and I don't want something that attaches to the windshield. What has everyone found that works best? I found a CD slot cell phone mount that looks perfect, but I have an Android with the charge port located on the side of my phone. This mount would interfere with my charger. Any other suggestions? What do you all have in your Tacoma?

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you for your help.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoVerde742 View Post
So, here's a post that I've searched for on TW but could not find. I'm looking for a cell phone mount that I can put in my '13 Tacoma. I don't want something permanent and I don't want something that attaches to the windshield. What has everyone found that works best? I found a CD slot cell phone mount that looks perfect, but I have an Android with the charge port located on the side of my phone. This mount would interfere with my charger. Any other suggestions? What do you all have in your Tacoma?

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you for your help.
i have almost the same thing i got on ebay, for like 7 bucks shipped and it included a phone case, a spare car charger, a wall charger, and the dash/windhsield mount itself
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Rt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Rt1Box92A's Tacoma Gallery
Phone mounts

Try Arkon, Panavise or RAM Mounts.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
SPComa is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
SPComa's Tacoma Gallery
Panavise or RAM

I have both Panavise and RAM.

Panavise for portable GPS and RAM for Galaxy cell phone. They works great.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt1Box92A View Post
Try Arkon, Panavise or RAM Mounts.

Is the mount directly attached to the clip for the phone or are you using a ball mount?

I'm thinking of going with a slip grip for otterbox defender and a panavise mount to attach to the truck.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Rt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shedRt1Box92A is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My mount

The primary Panavise metal mount has the standard AMPS bolt-up pattern and screws in the dash behind the AC controls. (I also used double sided tape along with the screws. Note the gap in the dash is slightly larger than if I would have just used the screws alone.)

I wanted my phone to be very secure, but more maneuverable (angle wise), so I used a Panavise 'offset tipper base' (AMPS pattern), and then the Arkon 17mm Garmin ball plate (again, AMPS pattern). This setup now has two points of pivot; the first at the tipper base, and the second at the Garmin ball to the SlipGrip

In hindsight, the 'tipper base' piece really wasn't necessary, but I still recommend it because it pushes the phone away from the dash just the right amnount. (Note: I did try all of this using RAM Mounts 1" ball system w/ short 2.5" arm, and the result was ugly, way to large, and semi- floppy on bumps.)

And, the SlipGrip totally rocks.

Hope this helps.. Jim

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (fits up to 2011; unknown if after that.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/IBU-21145-iBOL...ords=17mm+Ball

Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004O8...pi=SL500_SS115

So is this the right mount for the slip grip?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
Does not suffer fools lightly
linzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud of

Name: Linzy
linzy77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.proclipusa.com/

They make very good mounts. I dont like their swivels as they tend to loosen up over time and need adjustment but their clip mounts are great. No Drill!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #9

No, that is RAM Mounts 1" diameter ball (RAM is a very good brand and an excellent mount system http://www.rammount.com/)

I used a 17mm ball, commonly called a Garmin (GPS) ball because the rear mount is a ring that tightens like, say, a bottle cap; the tighter you screw it over the ball, the more solid the mount.

RAM mounts use a 'pinch system' that clamps on to the ball, with the only disadvantage that the clamps (called 'arms' by RAM) tend to be a bit to long for the small cockpit space of the Tacoma.

SlipGrip sells any of their phone holder models with just about any type of mount. I buy mine from eBay seller "yjoewak" (don't know the guy buy he's easy to communicate with) http://myworld.ebay.com/yjoerwak?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #10
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzy77 View Post
http://www.proclipusa.com/

They make very good mounts. I dont like their swivels as they tend to loosen up over time and need adjustment but their clip mounts are great. No Drill!
Is it heavy duty? I have a heavy mount for my Droid Razr HD I made from the Motorola car kit and a RAM mount. In my last vehicle I drilled a RAM mount into the dash, but I can't bear to do that to my new truck. Just wondering how rugged it is.

Products Discussed in this Thread