Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Left over stereo from 5.0 Mustang into my Taco.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Left over stereo from 5.0 Mustang into my Taco.

Hopefully I can get some insight on my questions. Traded in the 2011 5.0 Mustang Saturday for my 2013 4-Dr Tacoma.

I had the Pioneer TS-D6802R 6x8 door speakers in my mustang. Will the 6x8 speakers fit in my front passenger and drivers side door? I see the front door speakers are 6x9's.

I have searched and I guess I need to order those adapters from taco tunes.com so my door speakers will mount. My question is that pioneer says the mounting depth is 2-3/4. Will these fit when I order the adapters from tacotunes?

I also see I will be hard pressed fitting my 12" sub behind the rear seat storage. I plan on buying the single enclosure for a 10" sub from taco tunes.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Nerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Nerodivla's Tacoma Gallery
I would do a couple google searches about taco tunes customer service. They're great until they have your money, then it's like they disappeared. Supercrewsound makes nice boxes at a decent price.

I can't answer for sure about your speakers... 2 3/4 doesn't sound extra deep, if I were you I'd just buy a new set of speakers. Aren't pioneer components pretty inexpensive?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerodivla View Post
I would do a couple google searches about taco tunes customer service. They're great until they have your money, then it's like they disappeared. Supercrewsound makes nice boxes at a decent price.

I can't answer for sure about your speakers... 2 3/4 doesn't sound extra deep, if I were you I'd just buy a new set of speakers. Aren't pioneer components pretty inexpensive?
Depends on what equipment from Pioneer. I bought all of their top of the line stuff.

So I need to avoid taco tunes???
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
You can also just make a adapter plate from wood. If you have a jig saw cut the 6x9 out the cut the 6x8 hole in it. I'm sure you could make them work.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Kyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant future

Kyle Butler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
You can also just make a adapter plate from wood. If you have a jig saw cut the 6x9 out the cut the 6x8 hole in it. I'm sure you could make them work.
That's what I did for my speakers. I had considered Taco Tunes but instead made my own with some leftover wood. I also put a little foam weather stripping around the back side to prevent any rattles. Just test to make sure that you have enough clearance for your windows to go all the way down. IIRC the wood I used was 3/4" thick and it was fine.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I have Rockford Fosgate 6x9's and they fit just fine.

You can also find adapters on Ebay..I bought some for about $20, not Tacotunes either. Had them in 3 days so I have no complaints.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #7

Well I emailed taco tunes, asking if their brackets will fit my 6x8's; but no reply from them yet. I do not have a jig to make my own.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #8

I guess taco tunes do not want my buisness. Emailed them on the 2nd, asking if my 6x8's will work and have not heard a word from them.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haider320 View Post
Depends on what equipment from Pioneer. I bought all of their top of the line stuff.

So I need to avoid taco tunes???
What you listed isn't top of the line Pioneer just so you are aware.

THIS is their top of the line. Most people aren't even aware that these exist.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Stage4
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #11

So where can I get some speaker brackets?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMan View Post
Yes. Avoid them.

Also, how do you like the P99RS? Could you give a review?
Are you asking me? I don't have the P99RS. The speakers I did buy were like day and night in my 5.0. I am assuming it will be the same in my taco because the stock speakers suck in this thing also.

I guess my 12" sub will be sold or be going into the wife's car. I will be looking for a 10" sub now.

Aside from taco tunes, who makes sub enclosure's for double cabs.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Opinions Vary...
ThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThreeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haider320 View Post
Are you asking me? I don't have the P99RS. The speakers I did buy were like day and night in my 5.0. I am assuming it will be the same in my taco because the stock speakers suck in this thing also.

I guess my 12" sub will be sold or be going into the wife's car. I will be looking for a 10" sub now.

Aside from taco tunes, who makes sub enclosure's for double cabs.
Yes. I was asking because you said that you purchased all of Pioneers top of the line equipment. I thought you were insinuating that you had that HU. Sorry. I agree that the stock equipment is less than acceptable.

I make them! HAHAHA I made all of my mounting baffles, boxes, and racks.

Honestly, you might as well make your own. A sheet of MDF/plywood and some wood glue and you have a box for less than $50. I cannot believe what some of these cats ask for for a pretty simple enclosure.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMan View Post
Yes. I was asking because you said that you purchased all of Pioneers top of the line equipment. I thought you were insinuating that you had that HU. Sorry. I agree that the stock equipment is less than acceptable.

I make them! HAHAHA I made all of my mounting baffles, boxes, and racks.

Honestly, you might as well make your own. A sheet of MDF/plywood and some wood glue and you have a box for less than $50. I cannot believe what some of these cats ask for for a pretty simple enclosure.
lol
I guess I should have said said their good stuff and not top of the line. It's not their bottom of the line stuff. lol