Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sub questions

Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Just check to make sure you have enough depth so the subs fit physically and you should be fine. Those Sundown subs move a lot of air so you'll likely need a 3" port per sub which is tricky but not impossible. I did it before so I know with effort it can work. It will likely be easier in your case since you will only have one motor structure to miss with the ports.

Steven do you have a how to for this? Like how to build that box.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #22
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Search "Tacoma Audio Endeavor" using my name as the poster in the search. You should find the thread. It's not exactly a how to but it's close. There's a lot of work that goes into doing the bottom portion to prepare the area. After that though, you can just throw a new top on it whenever. Just cut a new one.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Can't post pics because I am in Atlanta and not home, but I am the one who put the two Alpine Type R (8 inch) in the Tacoma. The 2 8s are more than enough.

With my setup, I did not have to install any ports. 10s will not fit down there. For peace of mind, I created a rubber bumper for where the seat contacts the metal. It never touched the speaker, but I did this for extra peace of mind.

Not sure what speakers you'll use in the end, but I did not use any filler, I simply used some sound deadener in every surface.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
Bowfisher1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
Bowfisher1's Tacoma Gallery
Which set up do you think would be louder two Sundown SD-2 10's or four 8's? Which would have the best SQ?

The 10's will be in a sealed box behind my seat and it will be a two chamber box with about 0.8 cubic feet per chamber, and the 8's can be in that box or under my seat which will have about 1 cubic foot and will be sealed.