1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about amplifier

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Polo II Tacoma, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Apr 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    Polo II Tacoma

Polo II Tacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    99 Sr5 Prerunner
    I have a SSL mono block amp connected to two Sundown 10 inch sub woofers they are connected at 1 ohm in a sealed box everything has been working fine for like 5 months which is how long i have had the newer subs today they were working fine and all of a sudden stopped playing and starting flexing out almost like they were shorting out i took them out checked all connections re grounded amp everything inside the box is hooked up correctly i noticed after getting it back hooked up when adjusting the amp that the speakers would work fine until i would touch the back of amp where all settings are then they would go back to doing the thing they were before and it kept happening it seems like the amp is causing the speakers to ground out or something i really have no idea how that could happen if that is the case anyone have any idea on the subject i am lost at this point.

2. Apr 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    Highspeed

Highspeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    +42° 52' 21.69", -124° 32' 8.50"
    Vehicle:
    TRD off road
    A.R.E. cap
    Sounds like the amp might need some repair.

3. Apr 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    Polo II Tacoma

Polo II Tacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    99 Sr5 Prerunner
    That was what i was thinking im hoping there is some other explanation that i haven't thought of but with checking everything and finding nothing and also judging from the SSL amps i have had in the past it wouldn't be a surprise to me

Products Discussed in

To Top