Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Help me Pick Next Mod for Birthday

View Poll Results: Pick my electronic mod.
Double Din 4 50.00%
Remote Start 3 37.50%
Other 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Help me Pick Next Mod for Birthday

Hey guys, I just got some money in the form of best buy gift cards for my birthday and I would like to do some stuff to the truck.
I have a system with subs amp speakers and the bass knob that bypasses the stock head unit. What i am missing is a head unit. Its still stock.

What i am considering is a double din or remote start. Can I have some opinions on what you all believe you would choose? Other options are welcome.

Love that I can come to you guys to tell me how to spend my money.

Also, haven't updated truck info so don't go off of that to decide. Have an 05 lifted and all done.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
tn2012taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Nathan
tn2012taco's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust whistle? Given that it's spring, I'd go with the double din, but you do live in CO, so if you won't be able to come across the funds to throw a remote start in by winter, I'd go with that.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
System is cool but...

I'd rather have a remote start. I'm getting one ASWELL. I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. There is a basic one that comes with a key fob to start the truck from like 50 ft or something. $300

The 2nd one is basically the same thing but comes with two key fobs and you can be a little bit farther away to start it. $400

The 3rd and final option is a 2 way remote start system. It comes with this cool phone looking key fob that is digital and your able to arm the alarm from up to like 2 miles, also you can start it from up to like 2 miles. That one is like $500

So price wise I guess the 1st one will do because its cheapest and it'll do what I want, which is to start the truck so it'll warm up before I get to it. But the 3rd one is also cool. I'm having trouble deciding which I should get.

Which would you guys buy?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn2012taco View Post
Exhaust whistle? Given that it's spring, I'd go with the double din, but you do live in CO, so if you won't be able to come across the funds to throw a remote start in by winter, I'd go with that.
Wooooooooooo! Wooooooooo!
Haha