1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me Pick Next Mod for Birthday

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RtacomaN, Apr 6, 2013.

?

Pick my electronic mod.

Poll closed May 6, 2013.
  1. Double Din

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Remote Start

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Other

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Apr 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    RtacomaN

RtacomaN [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    Hey guys, I just got some money in the form of best buy gift cards for my birthday and I would like to do some stuff to the truck.
    I have a system with subs amp speakers and the bass knob that bypasses the stock head unit. What i am missing is a head unit. Its still stock.

What i am considering is a double din or remote start. Can I have some opinions on what you all believe you would choose? Other options are welcome.

Love that I can come to you guys to tell me how to spend my money.

Also, haven't updated truck info so don't go off of that to decide. Have an 05 lifted and all done.

2. Apr 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    tn2012taco

tn2012taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunnin Trooper
    Plasti-dipped wheels, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, 1 in. block in rear, CB in center console, 12V outlet in console, weathertechs, N-FAB wheel-to-wheel 3in. tube, Action packer cheap toolbox, Spidertraxx 1.25" spacers, Kensun 5000K in fogs, K&N drop-in filter, foglight anytime mod, Anytime Panty-dropper mod.
    Exhaust whistle? Given that it's spring, I'd go with the double din, but you do live in CO, so if you won't be able to come across the funds to throw a remote start in by winter, I'd go with that.

3. Apr 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    I'd rather have a remote start. I'm getting one ASWELL. I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. There is a basic one that comes with a key fob to start the truck from like 50 ft or something. $300

The 2nd one is basically the same thing but comes with two key fobs and you can be a little bit farther away to start it. $400

The 3rd and final option is a 2 way remote start system. It comes with this cool phone looking key fob that is digital and your able to arm the alarm from up to like 2 miles, also you can start it from up to like 2 miles. That one is like $500

So price wise I guess the 1st one will do because its cheapest and it'll do what I want, which is to start the truck so it'll warm up before I get to it. But the 3rd one is also cool. I'm having trouble deciding which I should get.

Which would you guys buy?

4. Apr 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    Goflight2

Goflight2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern Cal
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2011 4x4 LB
    TRD Supercharger Snug top SL Window Tint 5% rear, 35% front, 40% windshield Avid Off Road bolt on sliders Andres Toyota Horns Hard-wired Garmin Nav Weather Techs 5100's in front Rear TSB Bed Extender OEM Roofrack TRD Exhaust Ultra gauge 18" Monster XD's on Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Wooooooooooo! Wooooooooo!
    Haha

Products Discussed in

To Top