LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amp mounting with eBay dual 10" sub box?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
CrazyDiamond is on a distinguished road

CrazyDiamond's Tacoma Gallery
Amp mounting with eBay dual 10" sub box?

I'm looking at a dual 10" sub box online (1/2 price audio) for my '11 double cab. I'm trying to determine if I can mount my 4 channel amp vertically between the subs. Specifically, I'm curious about the thickness of the amp and the ability to latch the seats.

Can anybody comment? Got pics?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Need the amp measurements before I could even guess. I have a Kenwood XR-5S mounted horizontally, but I did attach some wood to fill in the lower part of the amp board "step", such that I could attach the amp using all 4 mount points.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Was able to fit a Alpine 5 channel amp just fine on that box. Used thread through bolts/nuts and mounted it that way. Worked great.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
tacomatrdod is on a distinguished road
tacomatrdod's Tacoma Gallery
I fit two

AN alpine 1700w, class d block
and a something or other smaller 4 channel probobally a kenwood, i just picked the most popular 4 channel for my speakers.
I had to cut into one of the boxes for the class d, but alls well that ends with it thumping still, i just put allot of wadding where i had cut and am having no issues whatsoever.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #5

The box came yesterday. For the $$$, it's not too bad. The carpeting job was a little weak (a couple ripples where it wasn't smoothed out after gluing), but overall it is fairly well made.

Here is the tight spot:

My amp is just too thick. Cutting the box out in the center won't give me enough to clear the amp - this amp is just too long and too tall:

I guess I'll look into putting the amp under the seat. It may be too long for that, too. This amp has inputs on both ends - which doesn't help. An old school Fosgate punch would be perfect here...
Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrdod View Post
AN alpine 1700w, class d block
Was this the JL Audio G1700 ?

EDIT: Never mind - I measured the box and found a monoblock that should fit well enough. Looks like I'm running my subs mono in parallel now...