Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Speaker Brackets

Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
SouthernTacoma
TSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to beholdTSmalls89 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tyler
TSmalls89's Tacoma Gallery
Speaker Brackets

Looking to get my hands on speaker brackets for the front and rear doors of a 2013 DCSB. Seen them on tacotunes but i am NOT in any way paying that much (holy hell price). Seen some on e-bay for cheap, anyone had luck with certain places??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
autoware302 I believe was the seller's name on Ebay I bought from. Got my door brackets for my 2010 in 3-4 days.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
Mr Marv sells them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmalls89 View Post
Looking to get my hands on speaker brackets for the front and rear doors of a 2013 DCSB. Seen them on tacotunes but i am NOT in any way paying that much (holy hell price). Seen some on e-bay for cheap, anyone had luck with certain places??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Just do what I did and make your own.

Go to Home Depot/Lowes and buy a sheet of 3/4" MDF for under $10.

Use the existing speakers as a template, trace the outline and cut. New speakers will come with a template for cutting interior hole.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
C Wills is on a distinguished road

Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post

Use the existing speakers as a template, trace the outline and cut. New speakers will come with a template for cutting interior hole.
Seek and ye shall find. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thnx
Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
car-speaker-adapters.com and you get 50% back when you send in the install pictures.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #7
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is what I did. Doesnt' take 2mins to pull the door panel off and the speaker out. They don't look perfect like Tacotunes or MrMarv but who cares. I can't see through my door panels when I put them back on.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #8

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
This is what I did. Doesnt' take 2mins to pull the door panel off and the speaker out. They don't look perfect like Tacotunes or MrMarv but who cares. I can't see through my door panels when I put them back on.
X2. Lol. I started making the brackets lastnight and mine don't look too good either. What tool did you use? I used a jigsaw for my components in the front and the two rear speakers. I'm gonna try it with my dremel for the tweeters.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
X2. Lol. I started making the brackets lastnight and mind don't look too good either. What tool did you use? I used a jigsaw for my components in the front and the two rear speakers. I'm gonna try it with my dremel for the tweeters.
I used a jigsaw and while they aren't the most beautiful pieces of woodwork, they most certainly get the job done. I would use the jigsaw to get the basic shape cut and then sandpaper if it really bothers you. Just remember that you won't see a thing when you put the door skin back on.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #10

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used a jigsaw and while they aren't the most beautiful pieces of woodwork, they most certainly get the job done. I would use the jigsaw to get the basic shape cut and then sandpaper if it really bothers you. Just remember that you won't see a thing when you put the door skin back on.
I agree . I just don't like cutting with the jigsaw cause I can't see good. The sawdust is always in the way.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #11
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I used a jigsaw too.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree . I just don't like cutting with the jigsaw cause I can't see good. The sawdust is always in the way.

This one takes care of the dust with a blower on it.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
gtrplr is on a distinguished road
gtrplr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2. Lol. I started making the brackets lastnight and mine don't look too good either. What tool did you use? I used a jigsaw for my components in the front and the two rear speakers. I'm gonna try it with my dremel for the tweeters.
x3! and mine look like a blind man with a dull piece of glass made them but who gives #$%!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #15

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrplr View Post
x3! and mine look like a blind man with a dull piece of glass made them but who gives #$%!
My first attempt was pretty bad. I wasn't concerned about how they looked, believe me. It was so bad the, I couldn't mount the speaker. I think my problem with the jigsaw was the blade. I scraped the old ones and made new brackets using the jigsaw as well as a rotozip. Much better the second time around
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
Tolian is on a distinguished road
Tolian's Tacoma Gallery
This is indeed harder than u might think but defintely better than paying full price for something you can do yourself. For cutting the circle there is a special drill bit u can use called a circular cutting tool (google it) that you use with a drill press. I saw one at Harbor Freight for like $6. Or if u have a router you can just make a jig for it and get a nice clean perfect circle (again, google cutting circles with a router).

I went with the latter route just this week and they turned out decent. As mentioned above not as pretty as Marv or some other professional would make, but eminently functional. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
eodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud of
Navy: EOD
Name: Jerron
eodrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I used a jig saw for my 6 1/2's and then got a hole saw for my tweeters. 1" worked great as my tweeters are 1".
Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a fan of MDF as that is no place for wood product lol. its in your door which will see some moisture. so if you do use mdf seal it and or paint it

i like to use either HDPE or abs plastic.
i made these for my suby (still trying to figure what i want for the truck)