Notices

Aux audio fix

Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
YLDKIWI is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
YLDKIWI's Tacoma Gallery
Aux audio fix

2009 DBL 4x4 V6
About 6 months ago i noticed my aux audio input was starting to play up, i would hit the DISC/AUX button, it would switch to CD but not toggle over to AUX.
After giving it a little wiggle, it worked, but over the next few months the wiggling was getting more frequent, and aux input getting less reliable.
I had a few hours spare a couple of weekends ago so decided to pull it to pieces and try to fix it, i figured the worst case i am out $100 for a new Jack.
I managed to find a fix that allows me to switch across to the aux even if nothing is plugged in.

I have used many fix it videos on here so decided it was time to give back.
I hope this helps those in need out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQhX7fvjko
Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice thank you could you just use solder to bridge the gap?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
YLDKIWI is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
YLDKIWI's Tacoma Gallery
I guess, I just had the cable handy so I used it. Would just use a lot more solder.
Good luck.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
If you happen to have purchased the extended warranty they will replace the jack for free. This is a pretty common problem. I had mine replaced shortly after I bought it used, the jack itself becomes worn and the contacts inside "stretch out" if you will, and it won't pickup the signal that something is plugged in. Mine was really bad, to the point that even slightly touching the cord, it would switch to radio or disk because it thought it was getting unplugged.