Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

I can only hope for a blown fuse at this point

Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
tacomatrdod is on a distinguished road
tacomatrdod's Tacoma Gallery
I can only hope for a blown fuse at this point

SOOO i thought it would be a good idea to source power for a daystar rocker switch from the same power my headunit uses, and same ground although the switch has:
power in, power out, ground.
so i hookd power in up, no problem light auctually turned on and i hooked up ground to the chassis, then i hooked up power out and flipped the switch and now my headunit wont turn on :/ , any help? Or am i out 150 for a new head unit?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrdod View Post
SOOO i thought it would be a good idea to source power for a daystar rocker switch from the same power my headunit uses, and same ground although the switch has:
power in, power out, ground.
so i hookd power in up, no problem light auctually turned on and i hooked up ground to the chassis, then i hooked up power out and flipped the switch and now my headunit wont turn on :/ , any help? Or am i out 150 for a new head unit?
You need to use a relay in conjunction with the switch. I am not sure what you did, check everything is wired correct and make sure the fuse on the back of the head unit isn't blown.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
There may also be a fuse on the back on head unit you can check as well
Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #4
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
Audio system fuse is a 30A in slot 11 in the fuse box behind the battery in my 2009. There's a diagram on page 396 of my manual. Assuming yours is the same as mine, it's easy to find.

What are you trying to switch power to with the switch? Taco Terror is right on when he said you need to control a relay coil with the switch, and route power to whatever you are switching power to using the relay contacts and a different power source.