1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

old radio CB question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by red06toy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Feb 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    red06toy

red06toy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Worcester MA
    Vehicle:
    Impulse red OR, 2.5 lift
    2.5 toytec, bilstein 5100 black grille, black lights, partially shaved decals remaning ones black, , trd fj wheels, sirius, Ipod interface, pre-filter delete
    First off, I always wanted a cb in my truck, so I recently came across a Cobra 134 dynascan 23 channel ssb/am cb tranciever. serial number 61070762. It looks to be in good shape, but its missing the power cord and antena cord. Its probaly from the early to mid seventies. Question, can I still get the power cord/other parts for this? I would rather fix this one than get a new one. I know nothing about audio so any info would be appreciated:cool:

2. Feb 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    daniel981

daniel981 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winchester, CA (SoCal)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra
    2007 Tundra DC, 4x4, 5.7L, Pyrite Mica
    yeah, you should be able to find a power plug for it. Its the standard flat 4 pin power plug, right?

And as far as an antenna/coax cable, yeah you can get any one that tuned to the 10-11 meter band.

Check Copper Electronics for the parts you need
    http://www.copper.com/

If you are just going to be using it for an occasional road trip, then it'll be fine as long as the others stay on the lower 23. But if you plan to use it all the time, then you might want to consider a different radio. SSB, waste of time if you ask me. takes too much effort and tuning to get it right.

Just make sure you tune your antenna to your radio! Thats one of the most important things you can do to make sure your radio doesn't fry... If you want to look more into this search "SWR"

ok, im gonna take my geek cap off now... lol

Products Discussed in

To Top